Computer is Completely Frozen

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Jon29210, Apr 11, 2009.

1. Jon29210 macrumors newbie

Well,

Here's my problem. I had a bootcamp partition installed with Windows XP. I went through the bootcamp assistant to delete the XP partition and everything seemed to work fine until I restarted the computer. That's when I got the "No bootable device -- insert boot disk and press any key"

So, when I force it to the OSX by hold down the "Opt" key, it looks like it will boot just fine, but when I can finally see the normal screen, my mouse and keyboard are totally unresponsive. So I'm unable to do anything. Even going into safe mode does nothing. I can't even get DVD out the of the drive to drop in OSX installation disks. Not that it would help.

Main problem. How can I get keyboard, mouse to become responsive again?

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. I'm living in Costa Rica, so there's no taking it anywhere to be looked at.

Thanks,

jon

2. motulist macrumors 601

motulist

Is this a laptop or a desktop machine? If it's a laptop, try plugging in an external keyboard and mouse. If it's a desktop then double check to make sure that the keyboard and mouse cables are pushed all the way into their USB ports.

3. iToaster macrumors 68000

iToaster

How long have you left it waiting? It can take a while for the computer to look for everything.