Computer problem -- mouse and keyboard not working

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by GlassBullet, Sep 11, 2009.

1. GlassBullet macrumors regular

GlassBullet

So I downloaded irecovery for windows to try to do something with my iPhone. I ran the .exe file and at the end of the setup my mouse and keyboard stopped working. I shut it down manually and when I starte it back up I was at the black screen with white writing. They keyboard was working so I hit start normally, but then they keyboard cut out again. I can hit F2 on startup and get to the setup screen, but once it begins to actually boot I can't do anything. I think it's all the periphials because it makes no boot up sound and my iPhone doesn't connect. What do you recommend doing to fix this problem?I'm on windows vista home basic, BTW.

And in case ur wondering, I'm posting from my iPhone.

EDIT: I think that it's an issue with the drivers. I have the CD that came with the computer, but how would I go about installing it without a mouse or keyboard?

2. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

Was it a program to jailbreak your iPhone?
    I had that problem with Vista.

My way=Fresh Install of Vista.

Basically, you hit okay or something where you were supposed to hit cancel, I think it was.

3. GlassBullet thread starter macrumors regular

GlassBullet

No, I was looking up a way to go back to 3.0 from 3.1 and it said I would need irecovery to do it.

And in regard to my edit, would using a ps/2 mouse solve the problem?

AND, would a fresh install of vista delete the info on my harddrive, or would I still have all my files?

4. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

Ah, Close enough. I haven't been doing that stuff in a while

Probably not, as I recall, every input device- Mouse/Keyboard of any sort, is 'broken'. No harm in trying though.
    Yes, it would delete the information, unless of course, you have a backup.

5. GlassBullet thread starter macrumors regular

GlassBullet

Aww man. Good thing I have my ibec and ibss on a flash drive. How do I go about reinstalling vista if I can't click on anything?

And if I do end up reinstalling vista, what's the best way to get my music back on there from my iPhone?

6. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

Put your Vista DVD in the DVD drive, and boot from there.

I'll come back in here with your music getting off iPhone problem in a few, but try one thing before you restore Vista.

Can you use any app on your iPhone to use that as a mouse for your computer? (If you have that installed, of course). Or VNC from another computer?

7. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

8. toolbox macrumors 68020

toolbox

Does this same fault happen if your using USB keyboard and mouse? It seems very coincidental that your keyboard / mouse have stopped after you have downloaded something.

Worst case reset the bios?