Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Böhme417

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 11, 2009
I think the title is fairly self-explanatory, but... I installed ML onto a new SSD. I got everything set up how I wanted it. I moved my data I wanted moved over from an external drive. Everything was working perfectly until...

I restarted my computer. My user account popped up with the correct picture and name already there, but after typing in my password, I was prompted through setting up iCloud and everything else, as if I had just installed. It logs me in, and it's the new install desktop - generic dock, background, default settings, etc. WTF?! Of course, that would send me into a panic, as I thought I had wasted all of my time and all of my stuff was gone (not really gone, but just not on the computer). However, I have been digging around, and the computer seems to report that the space I used up earlier is still used. So, is my stuff there, or isn't it? I only have one user account but I can't seem to access anything.

I've restarted three times, hoping it might fix something, but the result is the same each time.

Böhme417

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 11, 2009
For some reason, there are two users in the users folder - "Name" and "Name1." It keeps using "Name1," but all of my stuff is under "Name." Does anyone know why? There is only one user account other than Guest.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.