Computer running hotter after crash

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by xektor17, Aug 6, 2010.

1. xektor17 macrumors newbie

Hi! This is my first post and I hope you guys can help me. I know what I'm about to ask has been asked numerouse times, but I still can't find an answer that satisfies me. :)

So, I was using the screen-sharing feature of Skype and my girlfriend wanted me to show her The Sims 3 game. I was running Safari, MSN Messenger, Skype and a full screen instance of The Sims 3. My Macbook Pro crashed in the loading screen of the game and the fans turned on at full screen.

Since that happened, I'm hearing the fans more constantly.

Right now, I only have Safari opened and the computer's temperature is at 68ºC and the fans at 3,100RPM's. Is this normal? Or am I just being paranoic?
    Thanks in advance!

2. xektor17 thread starter macrumors newbie

I found the problem. It didn't have anything to do with the previous crash. I found that a process called "iavd" was taking about 90% of my computer. That process is linked to iAntivirus, which I installed earlier this week. I proceded to uninstall the program and now my computer ir running cooler with no annoying fan sound!

CPU temp is now at 45ºC and fan speed at 1,999RPM's. I'm so relieved now! :)