Computer Science Project

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by krayziekray, Aug 23, 2009.

1. krayziekray macrumors 6502

Ok, so I'm currently studying Computer Science at University in the UK and need to come up with a final year project. I've had exposure to programming languages such as Java, C++, Perl (wouldn't say I'm a master in the latter two) and like most people SQL, but would appreciate ideas on what I could look into.
    I'm interested in iPhone development and was thinking of making an iPhone app, but I have never done any Objective-C and wonder if it would really be feasible for me to learn a new language and still create a great application. Also, some of my lecturers frown upon development for Mobile phones, but I'm not sure if the iPhone would count, as its a new and upcoming platform.

Anyone have any ideas on a cool and interesting project? It could be anything software related, but would have to be a software that people in addition to just me would find valuable/interesting.

Thanks in advance and looking forward to your replies. :D

:apple: KrayzieKray :apple:

2. wfoster macrumors 6502a

wfoster

It would be quite cool to make your own browser. :rolleyes: But to much legal work I guess.

Maybe a new music player?

Just out of curiosity, what University do you attend?

3. krayziekray thread starter macrumors 6502

Hmm interesting, yeh i was thinking of a client music player that would be installed on a client machine. This would then connect to a machine (the one with the music), and stream music from there (over the wifi network). This I know would be useful to me as i have computers downstairs, but all my music is on my Mac upstairs, so playing music downstairs can be difficult.

Not sure if this would be a good idea and am hoping for more ideas as I will be spending one year on this, and don't want to do the first thing that came to my mind, if you know what I'm saying. :rolleyes:

:apple: KrayzieKray :apple: