Computer Science student with ADC Membership

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by JRod993, Jan 27, 2009.

1. JRod993 macrumors member

I am going to college for Computer Science & I have a couple of questions:

Q1: If I buy the ADC Select Membership, would I get like a 20% discount every year, as long as I am in college?

Q2: Do I still get an Education Discount along with the ADC Membership?

Q3: What Macbook Pro should I buy? I need a new computer for college & I know everybody has been asking about this, but since I am new to Apple computers, what do you reccommend? I need to carry the computer around a lot, I have tons of iTunes content in my library, & plus I need to run Windows too.

Q4: Can the 15" model handle all of this?

Q5: What case do you reccommend?

2. UA412 macrumors member

1. The ADC student membership is a 1 time hardware deal and you can only purchase one unit. So no you won't get a discount every year.

2. Nope

3. I bought the 2.4 and it can easily handle everything I need to do and I'm in a similar situation. It's really not that heavy even with books (I don't know what kind of person you are) and I'm dual booting Windows 7 and OSX right now and are working just fine.

4. Easily

5. I bought the applesac and I love it. Some other popular ones are incase and booq.

3. jbrenn macrumors 6502a

i am a coumputer science student and any macbook with the exception of the air will work. you can upgrade the hard drive your self if it is not a previous generation macbook pro. get a 500 gb drive for about $100. go with aluminum it is jest more durable.

4. JRod993 thread starter macrumors member

What school do u go to?

5. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

What about you?

6. szark macrumors 68030

szark

The Select membership should give you one hardware discount per year, but the percentage amount depends on what you purchase. It's not always 20%.

7. JRod993 thread starter macrumors member

I haven't decided

8. JRod993 thread starter macrumors member

Why isn't it?

9. Demosthenes X macrumors 68000

Demosthenes X

Why in the world wouldn't the Air work? It's only 0.2 Ghz slower than the base MacBook in top trim, and otherwise is the exact same computer with fewer ports and no optical drive. :rolleyes:

Only Apple knows... Although I was under the impression it was 20% across the board.