computer sees audio but won't record

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by celticfire, Nov 19, 2007.

1. celticfire macrumors newbie

I am trying to record some music from a cassette I have to my computer to clean it up a bit before transferring to CD.
    I am using a mac powerbook G4 with an Alesis Multimix firewire 16 channel mixer.
    I have the cassette recorder patched into the multimix and can monitor the cassette through the multimix.
    My DAW software is Cubase LE 1.8. I have followed all the instructions for setting my audio preferences on the mac. I can see the audio in the bar moving in sequence with the audio. When I try to record it in Cubase I get nothing. I have also tried recording with a microphone and actually was able to get a visual waveform in cubase but could not play it back.
    Any suggestions?

PS: I also downloaded the audacity recording program and get the same results. It seems to be a mac issue.
    :confused:

2. Tarkovsky macrumors 6502

Tarkovsky

A mac issue? Oh yes it's a common problem, macs can't actually record audio, it's just a bit of an in joke amongst sound engineers. We just like the look of em, and those adverts with the smarmy git off diehard 4.

Have you checked that your tracks are armed in cubase/ardour?

3. ghking macrumors regular

ghking