Computer Speaker 2.0 Setup

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by JephJ, Oct 28, 2011.

1. JephJ macrumors newbie

Hey guys, I am looking to put together a small 2.0 setup for my computer that will be great for listening only. I do not plan on mixing music or anything of that sort, I will simply be listening. I currently live in a dorm which is why I am after a 2.0 setup rather than 2.1, and have been doing quite a bit of research into studio monitors and the such. My budget is around $160-$180.

My idea was to pick up some a pair of m-audio av40 and combine them with a behringer UCA202 to get the result that I am after. I figured it would make sense to ask you guys and see what you thought first however.
    Keep in mind I am no audiophile, but I am looking for something that is a step up from generic computer speakers and will last me a few years.

Thanks for any help

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Your idea is good. Or look for Swans M10s, though that's more 2:1.

3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

I've had these for several years and they still sound great to me. Of course, I usually use AirTunes and my stereo floor speakers that can shake the room.

4. JephJ thread starter macrumors newbie

Yea, somebody else suggested I get a pair of Dayton B652 and power them with a Dayton DTA-100a, which at the moment I am currently leaning towards, thanks for the help guys, i'll definitely consider everything.

5. Nameci macrumors 68000

Nameci