computer to built in speakers?

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by sophie22, Jul 22, 2010.

  1. sophie22 macrumors newbie

    Jul 22, 2010
    Hi ,
    Im a complete technophobe so please help..
    I have just purchased an i mac computer and moved into a house that has bose in the wall speakers.What do i need to have to play my music or radio from the computer throught the speakers?
    Is it an amp or a reciever and what cables....
    Please help i would prefer to work this out than go get someone in to do it for me!
  2. Wondercow macrumors 6502a

    Aug 27, 2008
    Toronto, Canada
    This should be simple enough for you to get up and running. The first thing you need to do is find the device to which the in-wall speakers connect. It'll probably be something that also controls the volume, lets you listen to the radio, etc. If the speakers aren't connected to anything it'll still be a simple solution but you'll have to buy something to get the sound to the speakers

    Once you've found that look at the back for a set of female connectors (one red, one white) that are labeled "Aux" or "CD" (these are the two most common, but the label could be anything):


    If you can't find this pair try looking for a hole that looks like a headphone jack, labeled as above.

    Let us know what you find and we'll go from there.

Share This Page