Computer Troubles...

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Pathfinder55, Jan 18, 2008.

1. Pathfinder55 macrumors 6502

Heres the story. My computers hard drive has crashed and the people at this "computer repair shop" are trying to get my files off of it but if they don't, is there a way that I can plug in my ipod to a new computer and put all my music/videos ect. on to the computer or would I loose everything?

2. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

If all of that is on your ipod, then yes. However, you will need some 3rd party free software, senuti, in order to get the music and videos off. Do this BEFORE you sync with iTunes on the new computer.

3. JSchwage macrumors 6502a

JSchwage

Yes. By the way, I'd recommend you try a program called SpinRite for recovering your files from your hard drive. It costs $89, but there's hundreds of people (myself included) who have had our butts saved by this program. By the way, you will need a PC to use SpinRite.

4. ab2650 macrumors 6502a

Sorry to hear about your computer troubles. You'll be relieved to know that getting your files off an iPod is quite possible, just made a little difficult. I suggest you search google and/or this forum for tools to copy items from an iPod as obviously there are different tools for OS X or Windoesn't.

5. Pathfinder55 thread starter macrumors 6502

6. Pathfinder55 thread starter macrumors 6502

Is there an application like this for windows? Senuti looks great!

7. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

I'm sure there are dozens, however, I don't know of a good free one (without ads, spyware and crap) that works easily and well.

I'd google some reviews and see what you get, or maybe someone else can recommmend something.