Computer's been noticeably clunky and slower

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Suno, Aug 8, 2013.

1. Suno macrumors 6502

Suno

Mid-2012 classic MBP, with a Crucial M4 256GB SSD inside.

So lately my computer performance has degraded quite a bit and I'm not sure why. For example, boot-up/wake-up speed is considerably slower than before, and even after waking up, I still need to wait a few seconds before the computer can even register the keyboard to let me login; It's never done that before, or at least to this extent. The computer isn't anywhere near the age where the hardware is deteriorating, and as far as software goes, I have virtually nothing running minus whatever I'm working on at the time (I hardly multitask).

I've tried running CCleaner, making sure to Force Quit any applications that aren't in use (i.e., Skype, iTunes, etc.), and generally keeping my computer tidy as far as files and folders are concerned. If there are other software cleaning apps that you guys recommend, I'd love to hear it.

The best way I can describe my computer right now is that there's a drag to it, like there's some clunky goo that's attached itself to an otherwise fast computer. It's still fast, but to anyone experienced, it's /a lot/ slower.

2. B... macrumors 68000

B...