Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NAG

macrumors 68030
Aug 6, 2003
/usr/local/apps/nag
Looks like a fairly typical USB 2 hard drive. Just plug it in to your mac's USB 2 port and reformat it to HFS+. The one touch backup thing doesn't work though (due to it being windows software).

Tom Foolery

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 16, 2007
Toronto, Canada
but the thing that concerns me is on the futureshop website hd's are labeled pc or mac or pc/mac, so if this drive was compatible with mac then why would it only be labeled pc, i did just download paragon which enables mac to read and write NTFS but i'm also having second thoughts about the drive itself, it would make more sense for me to get and internal with a case so i could hook up with fire wire, and with firewire 3200 and usb 3.0 right around the corner i can't really go wrong. right?

NAG

macrumors 68030
Aug 6, 2003
/usr/local/apps/nag
Er, do you need to use NTFS? I mean, if you aren't using it with a windows machine you should just reformat it to HFS+.

And really, a hard drive is a hard drive is a hard drive. The only difference is what ports they have on them (USB, Firewire, etc).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.