Concept: iPad Music App

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by lunaoso, Nov 18, 2012.

1. lunaoso macrumors 65816

lunaoso

I threw this together in photoshop. My idea is to take the music player of the Apple TV, and put it into the iPad. So when you tap the artwork in the player on the top, it brings you to this full screen player. I know this isn't the best photoshop work, I just threw this together really quickly. But what do you guys think? :)

Attached Files:

2. Switchback666 macrumors 68000

Switchback666

3. lunaoso thread starter macrumors 65816

lunaoso

Ya know how when you are playing music on the iPad music app? And it has the bar at the top? You tap the album artwork and it brings up the artwork full screen. But my idea is to use an Apple TV style thing instead of just enlarging the album artwork. I just think it would look nicer and be more useful then what it is now. It would obviously need to be changed a little to accomidate the touch capacities of the iPad, but that's the basic idea.

4. Switchback666 macrumors 68000

Switchback666

What about the usual tap on the artwork and brings up the album ?

5. lunaoso thread starter macrumors 65816

lunaoso

Get rid of that and replace it with the Apple TV thing.

6. Defender2010 macrumors 68030

Defender2010

Why would artwork on one third of the display be better than full screen? Especially when the track details and ticker already show above the full screen album art if u tap it again! Fail!

7. lunaoso thread starter macrumors 65816

lunaoso

Obviously it would need some tweaking, as I said above, but I think it'd be a nicer look instead of a gigantic, usually pixelated because its 600X600, picture of the artwork. It was just an idea that popped into my head in bed while listening to some music on my iPad.

8. Defender2010 macrumors 68030

Defender2010

I can see the attraction in your concept...but...if one changes the artwork to 1000x1000 or greater, then it being pixelated is not an issue. I spent 2 weeks putting 1500x1500 on 750 albums. It is worth it in the long run, as it looks amazing on everything. :) perhaps a change of music app design will come one day...

9. lunaoso thread starter macrumors 65816

lunaoso

They must've been a project... I can see a change in the near future though with Johnny Ive taking over design.