[concept] iPhone Edition

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by fakejobs, May 9, 2017.

1. fakejobs macrumors newbie

fakejobs

Just made a quick concept art for the rumored iPhone Edition.

[​IMG]

2. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Where did you find out that this is what Apple will be calling the iPhone this year?

3. Freakonomics101 macrumors 65816

Freakonomics101

It's just a rumor. There are several names out there.

4. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

That's right, which is why I was asking. OP seems sure enough that this is what it will be called to make a render on it and post a thread about it.

5. sunapple macrumors 6502a

sunapple

Apple would probably have used a font that's readable.

6. bufffilm macrumors 601

bufffilm

What Apple decides to call the new phone is immaterial. As for the render, plenty already floating around on YouTube and elsewhere...get in line.

I've seen plenty...too much AAMFC. Just google it.

7. mi7chy macrumors 68040

mi7chy

Good start but it's highly unlikely to have a speaker hole in the screen not only for aesthetic reason but also more costly to manufacturer.

8. Defender2010 macrumors 68030

Defender2010

There have been renders called iPhone 7S, iPhone 8 and iPhone Edition that I know of. If you make a render - which is basically a guess based on leaks, call it what you want! Personally I like the name iPhone Edition, though it's unlikely to be called that in my opinion.

9. Goatllama macrumors 6502a

Goatllama

This is concept art in the vaguest sense of the term (in that it really doesn't show much more than the edge to edge screen and leaves everything else to the imagination). And I think the ad itself is too reminiscent of a lot of Android ads I've seen. I don't think Apple would really go for it. The text and write-up is fine, though, though I would remove 'It introduces' from the bottom blurb.

10. JohnApples macrumors 65816

Hole-punched screen isn't happening folks! Nor should anyone want it to happen!

11. Relentless Power macrumors G5

Relentless Power

This is nothing new. (As you know.) It's fan made art with someone using fictitious creative skills. Interesting, but overall it means nothing.

12. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Yes, I know it's nothing new. I have heard the term before.

My point, which is seemingly being missed, is that the render and the thread title assumes the name is factual - which is isn't yet.

I know I'm being nitpicky, but I go to some lengths in the threads I post in to refer to this upcoming device as "Whatever Apple ends up calling it" or some similar language. Because no one knows what it will be called until Apple actually reveals it.

I know it's a render and I know it's artistic license. I just would have titled the thread differently is all.

13. Relentless Power macrumors G5

Relentless Power

I understood your point from your other responses. Part of the creative process of these renders seems to be making up a name associated with the mock up iPhone. I think the OP is just assuming a name to match the alleged render for nothing more for the sake of entertainment, hence why it mentions concept.

14. Erdbeertorte, May 9, 2017
    Last edited: May 9, 2017

Erdbeertorte macrumors demi-goddess

Does the word Edition alone even make sense in English?

In German it's exactly spelled the same, but it has to be an xxx (maybe 10th Anniversary) Edition, otherwise it makes no sense and just sounds very stupid.

It will be released on WWDC at the latest, otherwise they have to call it "Almost 11th Anniversary Edition". :p

Edit: It makes me think edition of what...? Something released by someone in an iPhone Edition, because it is somewhat related to the iPhone in style or whatever.

15. myrtlebee macrumors 68000

myrtlebee

Does Apple Watch Edition make any more sense? No, but they still went with it. I could see them going with it for this phone since it makes more sense for it than the Watch.

16. bigjnyc macrumors 601

bigjnyc

Doesn't the word concept at the beginning of the title imply made up or forecasted and not the assumption of factual? Unless the word was added after your post I don't know.

17. EM2013 macrumors 65816

EM2013

iPhone edition? Aren't they all iPhones? Pretty silly naming lol

18. Erdbeertorte macrumors demi-goddess

It's a watch edition of an apple. ;)

19. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Not necessarily - to me at least.

I could label it [concept] iPhone 6S+. People would understand that the content of the thread is a concept, my interpretation of an already existing product. But there wouldn't be any assumption about the name - because there is a real iPhone 6s+ and I own one.

Maybe I'm just denser than the average person. I tend to take things literally.

20. fakejobs thread starter macrumors newbie

fakejobs

I'm just going by rumors of the "Edition" naming scheme. And I thought it'd be cooler to use "Edition" for once rather than using numbers.

21. Erdbeertorte macrumors demi-goddess

It just looks like the front of any iPhone since the 6, without bezels, home button, front camera and proximity sensor.

22. Defender2010 macrumors 68030

Defender2010

Yes, good on you for making the render. Call it what you wish. I'm with you on the Edition name. It makes as much sense as any other name at this stage...as nobody knows!