Concept: The next big thing from Apple

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc and Tech Industry' started by sundayx, Apr 3, 2008.

1. sundayx macrumors member

Some of you may have seen one or some of my work, I'm just a Apple design enthusiast to say the least. I'm sure many of you here have talked about an idea revolving around the one I have proposed, I'm certainly not the first. I'm not very active in this forum, I apologize for any abundance. I'm not even sure of this is the sort of discussion tolerable in MacRumors. Should this be the next big thing from Apple?

Attached Files:

2. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

Apple will never make the name of their computer based on eMac....maybe one model would be the eMac, but the others will have their own name.

Honestly, there isn't a ton of room, price point wise(as far as Apple is concerned) for a new model, let alone 3 new ones.

Apple would either need to raise or lower prices of the iMac(and Mac Mini could go back to 499)

3. sundayx thread starter macrumors member

The name was just a suggestion. I don't think there would be a letter than could be placed in front of Mac to symbolize what this vision achieves. Just don't associate the name eMac with education, but a revolution beyond the name.

The point is exactly that, there is enough room for a custom graphics card, one or two drives, what Mac Pro offers without the price and size of the Pro. I don't think you see how this slots in between the Pro and iMac.

4. karenflower macrumors 6502a

karenflower

Something between iMac and Mac Pro seems pretty likely. Instead of eMac for the name (doesn't make much sense if it's not for education), perhaps iMac Pro? Or. . even more revolutionary, just 'Mac'. :D

I doubt that they would introduce it as a separate line - what you described sounds pretty much like what they're doing now, apart from hardware flexibility.

A nicely priced gaming Mac would go down well though, I'm sure. :cool: