concerned about tempered glass screen protector and loss of touch sensitivity?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by beethovengirl, May 26, 2014.

1. beethovengirl macrumors regular

Hi,

I'm in the market for a tempered glass screen protector for an iPhone 5c, and I was hoping users of tempered glass screen protectors could address whether such protectors reduce touchscreen sensitivity. The reason I ask is that I intend to use the iPhone while wearing conductive gloves or using a stylus (while wearing gloves), so I'm greatly concerned about any reduction in touch sensitivity.

I was looking at the Tech Armor Ballistic Glass screen protector (nice price!), but the ZAGG Glass screen protector is currently 50% off, so I might jump on that. On the other hand, the Tech Armor one is thinner (.33 mm vs .4 mm on the ZAGG), so perhaps the Tech Armor retains greater touchscreen sensitivity?

Another issue: I'm intending to purchase the Spigen Tough Armor case. Does anyone know if it's compatible with the aforementioned tempered glass screen protectors?

2. iamMacPerson macrumors 68030

iamMacPerson

My father has the ZAGG GLASS on his iPad mini and he likes it better then the HD he had on there before. He says that no touch sensitivity was lost and that it feels and works a lot like the original iPad glass its self. I'd imagine it would be the same with the iPhone.

I ordered one for my iPhone and for his as a fathers day present because of this sale, and I think they will be great. I did play with the GLASS on his iPad and it does feel like it had no screen protector on. It is awesome.

If you want it, get it now. ZAGG only has the sale running through tomorrow.

3. 11bE5 macrumors 6502

11bE5

4. cmichaelb macrumors 68020

cmichaelb

I've only used Spigen glass screen protectors and I LOVE them. I have not noticed any loss of input sensitivity .

5. natsinicky macrumors member

Really? I've heard a lot of bad things about Spigen. I've gotten either Tech Armor or amFilm. (Non-Glass)

6. cmichaelb macrumors 68020

cmichaelb

Really? Like what? I've had really great experiences personally with every product I've used of theirs.

7. natsinicky macrumors member

Things not properly fitting, customer service being non-existent, and (in my case dealing with them) my replacement screen protector came in the mail cracked down the middle. Idk, maybe my experiences with them were abnormal, but I'll never buy from them again.