Concerned about update os 6.1.3 on iPad mini

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by ecliptica, May 20, 2013.

1. ecliptica macrumors newbie

I bought my first iPad (mini) ever last Friday and there was an issue with the lock screen. Went to the store and they gave me a new one today and now it's asking me to update. When I thought about the update and how it might have been the problem, I wanted to ask if it's possible that the problem I had with the first iPad was due to that update at all? And whether I should update or not.. I'm really thinking of Not updating. What do you guys think?

2. CTHarrryH macrumors 65816

I've been running 6.1.3 on my Mini since the day it was released and have had no problems. I haven't heard of anyone having lock screen problems due to 6.1.3

3. ecliptica thread starter macrumors newbie

The "problem" was a distortion of the image on the bottom of the screen upon waking the iPad. The technician at the store said that it was probably a software problem so you see that's why I'm a bit sceptic. Is it necessary updating to 6.1.3?

4. clauzzz203 macrumors regular

Why would someone want to use a past software version?

5. sbailey4 macrumors 68030

sbailey4

I would update while still within return window Worst case you can return or exchange it again. I would suspect he meant a firmware issue not iOS 6.1.3. They probably could have fixed it with a firmware update and restore of iOS.

6. Troneas macrumors 65816

Troneas

because you might consider jailbreaking in the future?

there is nothing in 6.1.3 or above that you can't live with compared to 6.1.2. in fact, the primary reason that version got released was to patch the holes evasi0n exploited.

7. MrMacMack macrumors 6502a

To jail break. Otherwise it's best to update as part of the update addresses known issues.

8. beaniemyman macrumors 6502

read the reviews and update, i dont see any problems in the 6.1.4, so you should update.

9. MrMacMack macrumors 6502a

I think you are right too. I think he was referring to the firmware.