Concerned with Watch falling off some stands: anyone else?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch Accessories' started by danielceleste, Apr 23, 2015.

1. danielceleste macrumors regular

Of course we can't know for sure right now since no one has really had a chance to test these things yet, but some stands (ElevationLabs' NightStand is an example) appear to partially or completely rely on the MagSafe charger to hold the Apple Watch in place. However, we've already heard from numerous sources that the magnetic force involved is very weak, with some saying it's weak enough to disconnect on its own if you're not careful. Wouldn't want to wake up to a disconnected watch!

My question is: imagine if 3/4 of these stands had to be redesigned so that the watch sits flat on top of them? This is why I'm holding out on purchasing/preordering one.

Any one else think about this?

2. tshank macrumors member

Im worried about this as well, but since they use the magnetic puck to charge, there should be some force holding that watch in there.

Will have to wait for them to be released and reviewed.

Im waiting for now but leaning toward the nomad pod.

3. JWalker1995 macrumors regular

Having tried this out, the magnets in the charge are not strong enough to hold the watch upside down for an pro-longed amount of time

4. DavidLynch macrumors 6502a

This is why I'm holding off a bit. I'm hesitant to order accessories for a product the manufacturers haven't used yet.

5. Arran macrumors 68040

Arran

All these stands look like they're unnecessarily overcomplicating things.