Concerning Applecare. This one's a downer.

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc and Tech Industry' started by ltldrummerboy, Feb 10, 2009.

1. ltldrummerboy macrumors 68000

ltldrummerboy

I've attached a letter below that describes my encounter with Apple's product support. The document is a letter I wrote recently explaining my dilemma. I will update this thread once I hear from them.

Until then, please feel free to comment on how you think things will turn out. Do I have a chance at making things right? Will I be snubbed and be forever jaded by the experience? Let me know.

Edit: I decided to post the letter within the thread so that it doesn't have to be downloaded to be read.

2. ntrigue macrumors 68040

ntrigue

What are the ideal results you'd like to see?

3. ltldrummerboy thread starter macrumors 68000

ltldrummerboy

I would like a significant discount on my next Mac. Since I'm planning on purchasing a MBP for the Fall semester I think it would be a win-win scenario: they keep my trust as a customer and I get a good deal on a computer.

I will convey my requests if or when they contact me.

4. ltldrummerboy thread starter macrumors 68000

ltldrummerboy

Well, I finally heard back from someone at customer relations and the best they said they could do was a coupon for the online store. They can't be combined with student discounts so it doesn't do me much good.

I'll be taking this thing apart soon to try upgrading the GPU to a Radeon 2600XT (the same on as the 2.66Ghz iMac). I don't really care about voiding the warranty so I'm willing to experiment. Below is the old part that failed and the new one I installed. You be the judge of whether it was a factory defect or a hard bump that caused the problem.

Attached Files: