Concerns to jailbreak

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by jrock2004, Feb 16, 2011.

1. jrock2004 macrumors 6502

Ok so I did jailbreak my iPhone and have started to view the apps. I have noticed that a lot of apps are paid apps. I went to log into Cydia and they wanted my google or facebook info. Then to buy apps I need to give my paypal credentials. There is no way that I know to purchase outside of my iPhone.

I am concerned of apps that might be rogue and steal in info and then there goes everything. Should I be concerned or am I over reacting?

2. Kayan macrumors 6502

You don't need to worry about that when you are buying the apps in Cydia, it is safe. However, if you ever get an app that wants you to make an in-app purchase, there is no guarantee so you'll need to trust the app-maker.

3. shakeman0 macrumors 6502a

shakeman0

I've purchased quite a few apps in Cydia with no issues. I use Paypal.

4. jrock2004 thread starter macrumors 6502

5. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

Cydia is pretty secure, but same rules as buying online in your computer Apply here, buy ONLY from well known sources (pretty much the defaults on Cydia, other app that required you to install an additional source usually let you buy the licenses on their website EX. BiteSMS).

Take a few minutes before buying and read around, look at the developer website, read reviews of the App, take a look a couple of youtube video, even come here or any other forums and ask for question (search if anyone have already posted one).

Make sure to use Paypal or Amazon payment Only, DO NOT use any other payment system.

as i said, no different that putting your stuff on a website, make sure you got an idea who you are buying from.