Conclusion: Don't Upgrade

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Dark K, Jul 11, 2008.

  1. Dark K macrumors member

    Joined:
    Jul 11, 2008
    #1
    Okay, as I have visited many sites on the new ipod 2.0 software and I have tested on mine, at first, it might seen all well, but then, its not, my best recommendation is to don't upgrade yet, 2.0 is still very buggy, there might be a slight difference between 5A345 and 5A347 betas, but still, sometimes comes with some bugs, some might have the ipod at good conditions with 2.0, but there's a 50% that your ipod touch might have a nice update.

    PS. Apple's having a busy day :apple:
     
  2. orpheusmyth macrumors member

    Joined:
    May 10, 2008
    #2
    Mine is working without problems. Errr just some glitches. Otherwise it's ok.
     
  3. Dark K thread starter macrumors member

    Joined:
    Jul 11, 2008
    #3
    Nevermind, anyway, I was just curious about that if you have a problem with 2.0, you can restore it, and it might be possible to restore with Apple's 2.0 version.
     
  4. elbows macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Oct 27, 2005
    #4
    Mine was a bit unstable, eg the remote app crashed on load, so I used the 'Erase All Content and Settings' option in general settings. It took ages, but now the ipod touch is behaving very nicely :) Its quite possible that I didnt need to erase all content, just reset settings, I cant tell.
     
  5. macbooker15 macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Jan 19, 2008
    Location:
    Hello! I'm over here!
    #5
    mines working fine with 2.0, stop griping people, its 1G software
     
  6. itsm3cmg macrumors member

    Joined:
    Jun 25, 2008
    #6
    Does anyone know how to restore it cause I get error 1601 when I try to?
     
  7. Dark K thread starter macrumors member

    Joined:
    Jul 11, 2008
    #7
    When you restore it, if you have it on 2.0, iTunes will look for the 2.0 firmware, which isn't available yet through itunes, it comes and returns.
     
  8. itsm3cmg macrumors member

    Joined:
    Jun 25, 2008
    #8

    Ok so I downloaded the unnoficial 2.0 and now I dont really want it. WOuld I have to wait for the official release to restore it so I can purchase it?
     
  9. Dark K thread starter macrumors member

    Joined:
    Jul 11, 2008
    #9
    Ahhh, well, if you want 1.1.4 then, you have to downgrade iTunes 7.7 to iTunes 7.5, then you can restore it and get 1.1.4, or either way wait. Which is what I am doing.
     
  10. Plas00 macrumors member

    Joined:
    Jul 11, 2008
    #10
    I saw it coming with the buggy firmware

    I was very eager to download the update but something inside of me was telling me that after so much up and downs with the upgrade maybe it was better to wait until they fix the whole situation at apple (mobile me, app store, 2.0 firmware, etc)

    Don't get me wrong I tried like 45 times but i ket geting the try again later response so I guess at the end it worked out for the best.

    Best wishes to all of you that were "lucky" to get the update and have expirience some glitches and bugs, basically thanks to all of these people posting details of bugs and contacting apple will pave the way for all of those "unlucky" rest of us.

    In any case patience for all cause at the end for all uf us this are exciting moments with all the apple events happening so fast in comparison with the updates and events of other software and hardware companies (i.e. Microsoft)
     
  11. itsm3cmg macrumors member

    Joined:
    Jun 25, 2008
    #11
    So I can just wait till the official 2.0 is released then restore it?
     
  12. Dark K thread starter macrumors member

    Joined:
    Jul 11, 2008
    #12
    Yep, unless iTunes asks for 9.95 bucks, which is the cost of the update.
     

Share This Page