Concrete VS MacBook Pro...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ldenman, Feb 26, 2008.

1. ldenman macrumors regular

Basically, here is what happened:

The Mac fell out of the bag and onto the ground yielding these results:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Where do I go from here for a nice repair?

2. Radio Monk33 macrumors 6502

Ow, is there a story to how it fell out? Too bad it's over the drive opening or you could of tried to ignore it/patch it yourself..

3. Pees330 macrumors 6502

You can take it into an Apple store or try to fix it yourself. It'll cost you a nice penny to get it fixed. A new casing is probably about $200, so you could try to fix it yourself.

4. ldenman thread starter macrumors regular

The Story

The car sped into the apartment complex. As the driver came to a slow speed, searching for a parking space, he came upon another vehicle identical to his. Being a man all full of manliness and what not, the driver decided the best idea would be to show just how manly he really was. On that thought, he sped up quickly and pulled directly into the parking spot he wanted; the spot was two away from his "opponent." As the man was feeling extra manly, he opened his door to blast what seemed at 120dB of pure and genius Tchaikovsky. As he looked at the other driver, he gave a smirk and turned off his car. He then grabbed up his backpack and put it on his shoulders. Slowly stepping out with a sly look on his face, as if his smirk said "I'm better than you," he glanced past the driver. As another step led his march forward, he heard an awful sound. CRASH! One simple, small sound that made a shiver crawl up his spine. As soon as the vibrations of the crash had completed it's course, the realization of what had actually happened was complete. The man looked down to the thing that lay on the ground, perfectly upright like a coin that had landed neither on heads nor tails, but on it's edge. How lucky, yet so unbearably unlucky. As these revelations occurred so quickly, the opponent began to move past. Obviously, he had to have known what the case was for the smirk now shown across his face. The terrible, unpronounced pain that was with the man could not be known by the driver. Nor the driver's victory could ever be felt by the man. And with that realization of that to the both of them, the entire conflict was extinguished. The only thing left to do now was pick up and continues on the long, lonesome, and broken walk home. But, on the walk home, a memory came creeping into the broken's mind. A lesson that someone taught him once that was not that clear to him before:
    Pride Comes Before A Fall.

Fin.

basically my bag was half zipped up and the mac just fell out. lame.

5. zepharus macrumors 6502a

zepharus

So basically you dropped your MBP while being an ass.. do I have this right?

6. ldenman thread starter macrumors regular

you got it, zepharus.
    no tragedy here other than that.

7. kkat69 macrumors 68020

kkat69

Sounds like it to me. Impatience to get out and show off and BOOM!, good ole Bill Gates Pie in the Face.

Sorry it happened, such a shame to abuse a MBP like that, SHAME on you. j/k

8. ldenman thread starter macrumors regular

kkat69, what happened to your original comment. that was good advice.
    and nice sig too.

9. bigandy macrumors G3

bigandy

the bank, for a loan.

fixing that will be *far* from cheap.

10. anirban macrumors 6502a

anirban

Got homeowner's insurance? See if the damage is covered in your policy.

11. Mikebuzzsaw macrumors 6502

12. marykay9507 macrumors 6502a

marykay9507

that stinks-- but thanks for owning up to it and not trying to figure out a way to get it fixed for free-- the home owner's idea may be worth looking into, but i am not 100% sure how that works-- also, if you paid with an amex, they might cover it as well

btw-- your story bought a smile to my face

13. ldenman thread starter macrumors regular

thanks for the support everyone. That's a nice thing about this place.
    I'll check out the insurance deal. I'll have to talk with my parents; i live with them.

I'm glad my story could bring a smile. I worked kind of hard on it, but not really. :)

Maybe I'll screw the insurance deal and put a new mbp on credit.........hmmmmmmmmm