Condensation on ipad?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Abazigal, Mar 30, 2012.

1. Abazigal macrumors 604

Abazigal

Hi everyone,

I woke up this morning to find moisture on my ipad. Namely the aluminium back and the screen (which is currently covered with a screen protector). Which is basically the whole thing. I suspect it is due to condensation from the humid weather.

Granted, the weather is a tad cold because it is currently raining quite heavily, but well, I am a little concerned if the presence of moisture might pose any risk to the ipad? I know it is glued tight, but this is my first ipad, so you will understand that I am still unfamiliar with exactly what sorts of abuse the ipad can (and cannot) take.

Thanks all for your advice and/or affirmation. :)

2. Lukeyy19 macrumors 6502a

Lukeyy19

wherever you're keeping it that its getting moisture on it, do not leave it there anymore, there are plenty of places where moisture could get in (buttons, camera, dock connector etc)

Moisture is not good for any electronics. Period.

3. Abazigal thread starter macrumors 604

Abazigal

Thanks for the advice.

However, I think it is more of the cold ipad surface causing the condensation, so I don't think there is really any place I could place it differently? I suppose I could keep it in my drawer, but I do leave it to charge overnight every 2-3 days.

4. ktmelvis macrumors member

Look up calculating dew point, check your humidity, temp and temp of aluminum back when cold, here is a link to calculator http://www.dpcalc.org/ it can happen inside houses also.

5. brentsg macrumors 68040

You need to do something to control your humidity then. The iPad didn't magically cool itself down colder than room temperature.

6. Batavian macrumors 6502

Batavian

Must be an IPad 2. The iPad 3 has a built in defogger on the back. :p

7. Scuba-EMT macrumors regular

Scuba-EMT

+1 I thought about putting mine behind my back on long drive (the new truck does not have heated seats)

8. Frenchjay macrumors 68000

Frenchjay

:d