Condensation under the glass?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by the_wallcrawler, Sep 21, 2007.

1. the_wallcrawler macrumors regular

I have what I believe to be some condensation under the glass of my iPhone. Luckily this is at the very top of the phone, just above the speaker so it poses no real problem. My OCD is making me stress about it though.

Anything I can do?

I just got the phone 4 days ago.

2. TurboSC macrumors 65816

TurboSC

Did you keep it anywhere moist? It shouldn't be a problem if you let it air out and make sure the moisture isn't trapped underneath... if you're really OCD you can just take it back to Apple and just tell them you're having a battery problem and tell them you want it exchanged. Think of it as you helping the refurbished camp, because your iPhone will be fixed and recycled :)

3. the_wallcrawler thread starter macrumors regular

I didn't keep it anywhere moist, at least that I know of. It's definitely under the glass whatever it is.

4. JBaker122586 macrumors 65816

I have a tiny speck of dust RIGHT above the battery icon underneath the glass on my iPhone. It popped up about a month ago and almost drove me crazy.
    I've always gotten dust under the screen on my old phones, but didn't expect it to happen with this one.
    I know if I happen to get any more dust under the screen, especially in a place where it actually makes a difference, the Apple store will be getting a visit from me.

5. macduke Suspended

macduke

have you tried blowing canned air around the sides, into the sim card slot, the headphone port, the ports on the bottom and the earpiece speaker? it could possibly dislodge it. i know it works on other phones, but this iphone is so tightly constructed that i don't even know how you got dust in there in the first place. hope this helps! :D