Condiments to Administrators

Rhobes

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 28, 2004
Bigfork, MT
I'm a newbe here on this site. I have done searches for the most part and got all the info I needed. I don't post often except when I'm in a hurry & have to run, then hope to have some suggestions when I log back in. My experiences here have been great.

I have to admit I was a little taken back by what I saw under my name today "Crying Boy". I guess I don't understand how it got there/how it's decided upon &/or if I have any input about it. I've already spent too much time trying to remove it. I uploaded an Avatar in the profile area to try & displace it but I see I can't use it. If I could enter two words under my name I would have done much better than that. You can definitly call me a cry baby now, although what I did to deserve that designation I'll never know. I don't see anyone else with this designation so I'm stumped, guess I'll look for another Mac related site where I can lurk and not be ridiculed for no apparent reason-or is this some April Fool thing?

I would appreciate any comment.....
Rhobes

Applespider

macrumors G4
It's a prank for April's Fool. Usually, you'd just be listed as a newbie until you hit 30(?) posts. You don't get an avatar until you reach 500 posts or become a Matey in today's parlance.

As you probably know from your past reading/lurking, we're a pretty friendly bunch tho generally fairly anti-pirate so don't take it personally - and we'll see you again when the ship returns to port...

WinterMute

Moderator emeritus
Jan 19, 2003
London, England
being a crying boy here at (arrrrrharrrrrr) macrumors is better than being a Captain at a windoze forum any day....

To the brig with the scurvey dig..! Arrrrrrrrr!

Rhobes

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 28, 2004
Bigfork, MT
WinterMute said:
being a crying boy here at (arrrrrharrrrrr) macrumors is better than being a Captain at a windoze forum any day....

To the brig with the scurvey dig..! Arrrrrrrrr!

O.K, O.K- I'll do anything, just don't make me Captain of a windows forum!! Surely walking that plank is a better fate.

But, you know what would Really be an April fool to me would be giving me my Avatar for today, hey, it's already uploaded! :rolleyes:

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
Condiments?

Aha -- I suspect more japery and wizard wheezes from the merry pranksters that dwell amongst us.

:)

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Gone but not forgotten.
Rhobes said:
O.K, O.K- I'll do anything, just don't make me Captain of a windows forum!! Surely walking that plank is a better fate.

But, you know what would Really be an April fool to me would be giving me my Avatar for today, hey, it's already uploaded! :rolleyes:
Perhaps, we could go to Long John Silvers and get some Chicken Planks to go with our condiments. That should be punishment enough. :D

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
And a mighty welcome to MacRumors, Rhobes! 'tis a fine addition t' the crew y'll make. Once midnight burns o'er the seven seas and we be landlubbers again, we hopes ye can overcome the shock o' arriving on this a-cursed day.

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
Rhobes said:
I've already spent too much time trying to remove it. I uploaded an Avatar in the profile area to try & displace it but I see I can't use it.
Arrrr, 'twill put the server in a jam, 'twill.

...Or would that be peanut buttarrrrr...

Mechcozmo

macrumors 603
Jul 17, 2004
Doctor Q said:
And a mighty welcome to MacRumors, Rhobes! 'tis a fine addition t' the crew y'll make. Once midnight burns o'er the seven seas and we be landlubbers again, we hopes ye can overcome the shock o' arriving on this a-cursed day.
My brain hurt trying to read that. Arr.... guh....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.