Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jkim3691

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 8, 2011
For all of you with phones you received that you were satisfied with the condition of, have you noticed the finish wearing off especially on the edges? It'll show on black more obviously, but I've been seeing more and more aluminum exposed. Granted it's not a huge amount and you can't notice if your face isn't closely in front of the phone, but it's still there. For example, the area around my volume buttons you can see some of the finish coming off as well as some edges and around the headphone jack. I'd like to hear what other peoples' experience a few days in are like.

zachnelson

macrumors 6502a
Oct 23, 2010
For all of you with phones you received that you were satisfied with the condition of, have you noticed the finish wearing off especially on the edges? It'll show on black more obviously, but I've been seeing more and more aluminum exposed. Granted it's not a huge amount and you can't notice if your face isn't closely in front of the phone, but it's still there. For example, the area around my volume buttons you can see some of the finish coming off as well as some edges and around the headphone jack. I'd like to hear what other peoples' experience a few days in are like.

I'm not sure if mine was damaged out of the box or I bumped it into something but I have a small nick the size of a hair follicle in the bottom left edge of the back bezel. Not really noticeable.

Gathomblipoob

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2009
Perfect so far with constant use (it's in an ifrogz case) with hiking and one fall on gravel onto the pocket holding the iPhone.

pbrooks

macrumors regular
Jul 15, 2008
Got mine Friday. Not a single blemish or scratch, nor is there any sign that the finish is any more delicate than any previous iPhones.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.