Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

baybegirl

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 7, 2006
chicago
this is to all the macbook owners with the white model..since that get's dirty and scratched up the easiest

how is the condition of your macbook?
do you baby it and constantly check for scratches and scuffs?

i was like that the first 2 days...extremely anal about any scratch appearing on it...i even bought the marware pack and some protective film to put on the wristpad. i put it on and realized all that **** looked ugly as hell and made me look like a dork obsessed with my laptop lol
i still was very careful with it. didn't place it on any hard surface directly. careful about removing it from my backpack. checking for any damages. on some straight OCD
then i saw a bunch of scratches on random places which i didn't even touch. got over my whole obsession with keeping it perfect. because unless you put armor on the white macbook it will get scratched when you use it. even when you baby the damn thing. any type of use and careful touching will put scratches on it!...good thing they aren't noticeable and can only be seen when the light hits it perfectly
so now i don't even care anymore

i'll be taking my laptop out on a regular basis so this is just something i have to deal with it if i plan to get full use and potential out of my laptop!

it seems like most people on this board have their macbook protected top to bottom...anyone here don't?..and don't actually have a heart attack when a scratch appears since it surely will on the white model?

i don't have anything on mine just keep it in a stm alleycat bag...no sleeves..invisibleshield's or anything.

how does everyone treat their macbook and how does it look now?

buffalo

macrumors 65816
Jun 5, 2005
Tacoma, WA
I've had my MacBook for 2-3 weeks now. I didn't put any protection on it and already has a fair number of scratches, but that doesn't bother me. A MacBook with scratches still looks mucch better than most PC laptops.

persianpunisher

macrumors regular
Jul 28, 2005
I use mine all day, everyday. I bought it in late december, and it still looks new. Scratches on the case WILL happen, and DO NOT effect the performance or jeopardize the structural integrity of the casing. I USED to be RIDICULOUSLY obsessed with keeping my MB clean, but it is a WHITE computre. If you use it, it will look like it, for the most part. Clean teh wrist areas, they can get gross sometimes

mick4394

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2006
Flyover country
I don't obsess over my Macbook. I use it.

It has its share of small scratches, all from taking it in and out of its case. I can't even see them unless I hold it at the perfect angle in the right lighting, though. Having been through iBooks, I knew what I was getting into. It's kind of the cost of doing business with Apple consumer level notebooks, and most people understand that.

Osarkon

macrumors 68020
Aug 30, 2006
Wales
I don't protect mine, it looks like complete crap to be honest, the underneath is streaked with brown/yellow stains from heat, the entire casing is going yellow and it's more a beige than the gleaming white my friend's is. And he got his the day it came out, I got mine 2 months after. When it went in to be repaired for RSD they said the yellowing casing wasn't covered under warranty so they wouldn't replace it. I'm guessing because it wasn't the wristpads that were going yellow, just every other part. there's a stain on the right wrist pad now, but the laptop works, and I have no faith in apple's support anymore so i'll live with it until the laptop dies.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.