Conecting MBP to my Television. Need help badly!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by benjamin163, Mar 31, 2009.

1. benjamin163 macrumors newbie

I use a dvi to vga converter and then put the vga cable straight into my tv.
    It works. I get a picture. But...
    For some reason all the icons are bigger as is all the type on the page. My MBP has automatically changed the color LCD settings to 800 x 500 which I know is why my icons appear bigger but I don't know why it does that. I want to view things as I do when the MBP isn't connected.
    I have tried everything. Changed the resolution in the VGA box and in the color lcd box but nothing replicates the screen when my MBP isn't connected. In fact a lot of the settings just confuse it. Changing the color LCD settings will often crop the computer screen leaving two black masks either side of the screen. Changing the VGA settings often leaves the tv screen completely blank. I have no idea why.
    why does my mac change its screen resolution? Why doesn't it stay the same as when it's not connected?
    Can anyone enlighten me? I would be really grateful. :mad:

2. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

You need to mirror your displays. Select the Apple>System Preferences>Mirror Displays (click on the box) and resolution should be automatically set. Go ahead and PM me if you should have further problems and I'll walk you through it.....

Remember that this is all started with your MBP turned on with the DVI connector hooked up to the VGA and the TV....