conecting new MBP to my Flatscreen TV

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by msarway, May 27, 2009.

1. msarway macrumors 6502

msarway

is there a way to connect my MBP to my sony flat screen tv. i just need to know what adapter to buy to connect to hdmi or video inputs. i have the latest MBP only usb and fire wire and a connection i dont know.

2. cawesjmu macrumors 6502

depending on what your TV will take, you can use a mini-display port to DVI or to VGA or HDMI. Then you need a cable to go from the adapter to the TV. So something like this plus a male to male HDMI cable would work.

Just search monoprice.com for mini display port and you'll find all the adapters you could think of.

3. dan5.5 macrumors 6502

I use a mini-displayport to DVI adater with a dvi to hdmi cable...
    I got this setup before the HDMI adapters were for sale..

4. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

anything that goes to HDMI will set you up just fine, if you have a new unibody MB/MBP you will need the display port -> DVI adaptor then DVI->HDMI adaptor.

remember - this cable cant do sound, you will need anaother attachment for that!

5. Bulldog3777 macrumors 6502

Mini Display to HDMI

I have the new MBP and I recently got the minidisplay port to HDMI from Monoprice.com. It was about $14. You don't get audo put of the minidisplay. I use an optical cable from the headphone jack to my sound system.