Confession: swapped my jetblack 7 for a jetblack 7 Plus

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Geert76, Oct 15, 2016.

1. Geert76 macrumors 65816

so, untill today I greatly disliked the Plus models, I had the jetblack regular 7 for about 2 weeks and I was really really enjoying the grip.

In the past 4 weeks I was really negative here about the Plus models, like the enormous bezels and other things about it. But I have a confession to make :p:

I was able to swap my regular 7, jetblack, at my local Apple Store even I was 8 days over the 14days window.
    The Floormanager made an expection to let me swap iPhone 7 for a iPhone 7 Plus jetblack. This is topnotch after sales/customer care, a lot of companies can learn from Apple how to treat customers and keep the same customers

So far, I am very happy that I made the switch to the bigger iPhone. I just think the whole package (iPhone 7 Plus jetblack) looks and feels very nice. The bezels blends in with the whole phone.

I installed iOS 10.1 PB3 and the Portrait mode is amazing. I am in no way a prof. photographer, but man, most of them pictures look allready good with these 2 camera's!

I feel really lucky I was able to swap my 7 for a 7 Plus even I was 8 days out of my 14days window.

Happy camper:cool:

2. Relentless Power macrumors Core

Relentless Power

And that's why I stay loyal to Apple. They have great customer service, coupled with premium hardware in my opinion.

3. apwtwenty macrumors 6502

apwtwenty

4. AppleRobert macrumors 603

Great, now we have some evidence that swapping can be done past the window.

Post bookmarked. :)

Enjoy the Plus!

5. Korican100 macrumors 6502a

Korican100

so i guess you like holding a surfboard now

6. Geert76 thread starter macrumors 65816

Haha you got me there! ;-)

7. firewire9000 macrumors regular

7 Plus is the best iPhone out there. From battery to screen.

8. Pez555 macrumors 68020

Pez555

welcome to the plus side. You will never go back.

9. realpras macrumors regular

realpras

I've tried referencing people's story on MacRumors before, that people successfully requested Apple to expedite their shipping, but the Apple CS Rep said something like "as much as I want to believe everything on MR is true, not everything on there is as true" so long story short, in my experience it's useless to backup something using a MacRumors post.

10. silverblack macrumors 68030

silverblack

I did the exact same thing last week. But I'll wait for the official 10.1 rather than beta.

11. ZipZap macrumors 603

I have not seen anyone post battery times for 7+ that we even decent.

12. Geert76 thread starter macrumors 65816

I think that I was really lucky with that particular Floormanager who was on duy. Maybe another Floormanager had refused my request, which I would have to accept ofcourse.

Just ask friendly and explain yourself.

13. rsbacon macrumors member

rsbacon

Congrats! I had to return my Jet Black 7 due to a defect, and I'm back to using my 6S Plus. Besides the screen quality (cooler, less vibrant) and grip, I don't miss my 7 at all. I'm now going to wait for inventory levels to get better and maybe check out the Pixel phones before buying

Is your phone in a case? If not, how does it grip compared to the 7? Jet Black would probably be my first choice of color if I buy an iPhone again and I'm curious if it is easy to use naked

14. Geert76 thread starter macrumors 65816

I am using the 7Plus naked. The grippienes of my new jetblack 7Plus is as good and comfortable as my old regular jetblack 7.
    Apple did really good with this grip. Best grip Apple EVER made. Period.

The phone just sticks to my hand (no sweaty ;) hands).