config. macbook

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by dude19, Jul 21, 2007.

1. dude19 macrumors newbie

I am looking to buy a MACBOOK, are there going to be any new upgrades to them in the next 6-12 months that I should wait for??

Then my next question is how much a difference would 1GB to 2 GM memory make.

I am going to only use it for internet, word, excel, aim, and itunes. Would the 158 upgrade to 2GB even be noticable or worth

thanks

2. Gymnut macrumors 68000

Gymnut

You should be fine with 1GB of RAM given your uses. If you find it's not enough, your best bet would be to purchase another 1GB stick from a 3rd party vendor. What Apple charges for the upgraded RAM can be had for half that price or less depending where you buy it from. As for updates to the Macbooks, it would a safe estimate they'd see an update 6-12 updates from now. What those updates entails is anyone's guess. You should be more than happy with the current Macbooks.

3. killerrobot macrumors 68020

killerrobot

From your description of your uses, I'd say go ahead and buy now. The only reason, in these forums, any one says to wait is for Leopard and for the hopes of a faster processor. Neither will really affect what you need it for.
    So, IMO if you need a computer now, go ahead and buy now and follow Gymnut's advice about the RAM.

4. dude19 thread starter macrumors newbie

ok sounds good i was just checkin to make sure that in like 3 months the new standard is like 2GB memory instead of 1

thats the real question i was asking

5. creator2456 macrumors 68000

creator2456

Upgrading the RAM is cheap enough that even if this does happen you will only lose out on $100 if you get top of the line RAM. So like said earlier, buy now if you need/want the computer now or wait until you do.