configd? mDNSResponder? help please

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Peter Franks, Nov 12, 2013.

1. Peter Franks, Nov 12, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2013

Peter Franks macrumors 65816

10.6.8 MBP 13"

Hi, just a quickie.. this is not the first time this has happened. I still on occasion let MBP run out of power and switch itself off, as advised, calibration etc.. not that I think it makes any difference, Always had lousy battery life so don't need indicator to tell me so,...

Anyway, it has a habit of taking the clock back couple of years for some reason, (you'd think they would be capable of running out of juice without that happening) but query about the attached pop ups.

Just like to know what they are, and also should they just both be 'allowed', or need to change them to not allowed in security preferences?

Thanks all for your help..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

also loses WiFi password even when clicking 'remember it'

2. Peter Franks thread starter macrumors 65816

This has happened again on the MBP. Are those two messages relevant and OK to allow or should I disallow in settings. Why does it do that now but never before in last couple of years of letting battery run down.

3. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

mDNSResponder is definitely safe - it's the implementation of Bonjour on OS X. As for configd, I do not know what it does, but it is also part of OS X and safe to allow.

4. Peter Franks thread starter macrumors 65816