Configurations when Buying a MacBook Air from a Store

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by atomicpete, Oct 2, 2012.

1. atomicpete macrumors newbie

I would like to pick up a MacBook Air before an upcoming trip and do not have the time to order one. Does anyone happen to know what configurations are in stock at Apple retailers?

I have access to an Apple Store and Best Buy and would like to buy an 11" with at least 256 GB (if I could I would also upgrade to the 2.0GHz Intel Core i7)

Thank you for the help....

2. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

All I have ever seen at BB is the default config from apple.com.

The Apple store will carry the default config also, and they usually will have one other model informally referred to as the "ultimate" model that is maxed on SSD space and RAM. They don't stock anything in between.

So the 11" "ultimate" is going to be i7, 8GB RAM, and 512GB SSD.

It seems the larger Apple stores are more likely to stock these "ultimate" machines.

3. atomicpete thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the help

Thank you for the help! It looks like I will have to go with the Ultimate :)

I will let you know what I find in stock...

4. iphone4all macrumors newbie

5. tiwizard macrumors regular

The Apple store will sometimes have different configurations. Call around until you find the one you want, if you have multiple stores nearby. Best Buy only has base configurations.

6. PBG4 Dude macrumors 68000

PBG4 Dude

The Apple store in my area carries an 11" 8GB/i7/256GB SSD for $1,649. In other threads, other people have listed this as a commonly seen model in their Apple store too.

7. atomicpete thread starter macrumors newbie

Picked up the one I wanted...thanks for the help

I went to the Apple store in uptown Minneapolis and they had three 11" in stock:

64GB base
    128GB base
    256GB decked out (11" 8GB/i7/256GB SSD for $1,649)

The 256GB was exactly what I was looking for...after my bank account was flagged with fraud because of the large purchase, I got things squared away and took my baby home ;)

8. Mrbobb macrumors 601

Not a good idea to make a major electronics purchase b4r a trip. U need time to put the thing through its paces and exchange item as needed.