Configure Firewall for Slingbox Remove Viewing?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Tomar, Sep 7, 2009.

1. Tomar macrumors member

I am trying to figure out how to configure my Snow Leopard firewall to work with my Slingbox. I am allowing all incoming connections for the Slingbox app, but the problem still has trouble finding the box. When I turn the firewall off, the app finds the box every time. Obviously, there is something in the firewall settings that is preventing the app from finding the box and I don't know what that something is. Can you help?

2. sammiemo macrumors member

sammiemo

I have the same problem in SL. Although I initially had no problems in with OSX 10.5, recently I was unable to connect from there as well. I think something changed either through an Apple software update or a SlingPlayer update to change this behavior.

Anyway, I'd also be interested in any help configuring SL. I can turn the firewall off long enough to connect to the SlingBox. Once I'm connected I can turn it back on and SlingBox continues to work.

Also, this is only a problem on my LAN. I never have issues connecting to my Slingbox from an outside my network.

3. Tomar thread starter macrumors member

The full extent of my problems are exactly as you described. I have not tried accessing from outside my lan though. I have been doing some research and found something about unblocking all UDP traffic. I don't see this option in the firewall settings and I am not sure if I want to unblock all UDP traffic to begin with. Hopefully, someone can help us.