Configuring Mac Pro In Store

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by guymarble, Oct 16, 2008.

1. guymarble macrumors member

Hi, I was wondering if anyone knows if it is possible to configure a mac pro in an Apple Store? I am in the UK and would be getting it from the store in Glasgow.

2. belvdr macrumors 601

I believe all custom orders can be done with the assistance offered at the Apple store, but it is still bought online and shipped to you. I believe they may do RAM upgrades onsite.

3. aristobrat macrumors G4

The only configuration the retail stores in the US will do in the store is memory. I'm thinking the UK stores are probably the same.

4. guymarble thread starter macrumors member

Ah rite ok, it's just I need to pay by cheque, so if I wanted to upgrade the graphics card as well as some other things they would just send the order to Apple?

5. aristobrat macrumors G4

In the US, the retail store would refer you to the online store. There's no way to pay at the retail store for a custom order. :(

Any chance you could get a gift VISA card with the same amount you'd be paying for with your cheque and then just do the whole thing online?

6. AppleNewton macrumors 68000

AppleNewton

well it depends.

you can get;
    -wifi card purchased and installed
    -graphics card upgrade
    -hard drive upgrade (some usually just have the 500GB models) not always.(newegg is better for this anyway)
    -Ram installation/upgrade (though newegg and owc is better for this)

the only other options that may not be custom configed in the store is the wireless mouse and keyboard, maybe...depends on the store.

i have had colleagues custom configure a bunch of components with their macpros in the past since they needed it instantly.

id call ahead and see if you can get a shopping appointment.

(otherwise they could have you pay by 'cheque' at the store and they do the order from within.)