Configuring wireless mouse

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by skinniezinho, Jan 11, 2009.

1. skinniezinho macrumors 6502a

Hi guys,after buying my ibook g3,I decided I needed a wireless,small mouse,and found this one:
    http://www.macworld.com/article/135795/2008/10/irocks7550a.html

I "tried" it in a macbook @ the store,because in the box it didn't said anything about mac compability,it detected and "run",although I didn't tried the side buttons..
    When I came home,I realized they didn't work in macOS 10.4.11..I tried usboverdrive,and it was a no go..
    Now found steermouse,and configured the side keys to do
    control+option+8 and control+option+9 as it is the combination in safari to go back and forward,but they don't work...
    Am I doing anything bad?is there another way to configure the mouse?

2. gjw4u macrumors 6502

Sorry, but if you had read the review on the link you posted, you would know that the buttons do not function out of the box.
    "But back to i-rocks’s over-promising: According to the RF-7550A’s manual (which is poorly translated—one sentence, for example, suggests that “If the light not work, please re-check the installed batteries are collect or not”), the two well-placed thumb buttons on the mouse’s left side will move you forward and backward in your browser of choice. They don’t. In fact, unless you’ve assigned them actions via Mac OS X’s Exposé & Spaces preference pane or third-party software such as USB Overdrive ($20), they do nothing whatsoever. I tried repeatedly to get an i-rocks rep to explain this discrepancy, but to no avail."

3. skinniezinho thread starter macrumors 6502a

my english is not top,but from what I understand,the author says,that with usb overdrive,the buttons can work...
    I didn't expect a 20eur wireless mouse to have drivers or something...but at least that I could get them to work with some 3rd party application.

edit: for some strange reason the command+option+9 works for forward,but for backwards I must assign the button to do delete,and then it works..