Confirm 3.0 GM without dev account?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by vinay427, Jun 14, 2009.

1. vinay427 macrumors 6502a

vinay427

Can anyone confirm that 3.0 GM works without a dev account? I wanted to use it, so I downloaded it. When I option clicked it in iTunes the first step it took was to contact the activation server. Does that mean it might brick it? I didn't want to take the chance until I was sure, so I posted here. I'm not sure if there was anything on this already, but if there was there wasn't a thread directly about this. Thanks a lot in advance! :)

2. ItsGavinC macrumors 6502

The activation server is in regards to the phone service, not activation of the 3.0 software. It will work just fine. The GM version doesn't require a developer account.

3. vinay427 thread starter macrumors 6502a

vinay427

Thanks a lot! That really cleared up my uncertainty. I just started the restore. I got Spotlight, landscape stuff, Messages, voice recording, etc. coming my way! Thanks again! :)

4. synagence macrumors 6502a

Is there some kind of limitation on the 3.0GM that prevents the 3.0 final from installing?

I remember reading it about some change in dev's T's & C's

5. jmmtn4aj macrumors member

3.0GM is the final version. When the release day comes around, those with the GM installed will not have to update their firmware.

6. vinay427 thread starter macrumors 6502a

vinay427

Are you serious? Wow, that's sweet! I never heard about that.

7. vinay427 thread starter macrumors 6502a

vinay427

Great! My backup has been stuck for about 18 minutes at the same point. Also, I don't get what the difference between a restore and a backup is. First it restores, then starts a backup. What's there to backup on an empty phone? Anyway, here's a screenshot.

Attached Files:

8. jarethe01 macrumors newbie

Dont Restore

This is For everybody. yall dont have to restore to get the 3.0 GM all you do is click [update] instade of [Restore], whyle holding down the shift key or control on a mac. The window will pop up find the 3.0GM you downloaded, click open and Presto you are good to go. Then the phone just updates and does not erases any info. no need to wait and restore everything back on to your iPhone. even the music, videos, and pics will stay, BUT YOU STILL HAVE TO BACK UP BEFORE YOU UPDATE DONT FORGET JUST IN CASE SOMETHING GOES WRONG.

9. Nipz macrumors 65816

Nipz

i have 3.0 GM working fine and im not a dev.

Im in the UK and MMS works, not all the time but works. Hopefully this will change when its released to the public.

10. vinay427 thread starter macrumors 6502a

vinay427

Oops... :D