Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lbro

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 22, 2009
How long does it take for a confirmation email from Apple? I ordered a MBP, iPod touch and a cable from Apple 20 hour's ago and I haven't received a confirmation email. I received a "thank you for purchasing" email 15 minutes ago. I'm just wondering, does it take a lot longer for the order to go through when you purchase through the education discount?

Hellhammer

Moderator emeritus
Dec 10, 2008
Finland
It's Saturday, the offices and banks are closed. Wait till Monday evening, if there is no email, then give Apple a call

iPhone1

macrumors 65816
Apr 2, 2010
How long does it take for a confirmation email from Apple? I ordered a MBP, iPod touch and a cable from Apple 20 hour's ago and I haven't received a confirmation email. I received a "thank you for purchasing" email 15 minutes ago. I'm just wondering, does it take a lot longer for the order to go through when you purchase through the education discount?

Apple is going through a huge rush of orders as the student promo ends soon and also they have a major keynote event on Tuesday. Give them a day before you call. Had the same issue just 2 weeks ago. However you are well within your rights to call anytime you wish to find out about your order. Customer is always right.

iggypod

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2010
A few days ago there was a thread on this and the user got their email 3 days later.

silentsim

macrumors regular
Jul 9, 2010
You'll be fine. Just verify your order is as requested on the Order Status page on the Apple Store online.

OneEyedJack

macrumors member
Aug 21, 2010
Just went back and looked.

I ordered online on Friday August 6 (in the AM). I received my first email from Apple confirming the order on Aug 7 (in the AM) and received a shipping notification that afternoon. However, the shipment did not actually become trackable until the following Monday.

Also, expect everything you ordered to be in different shipments. Received items on three different days.

Kinda like a slow christmas....or just like Hanukah!

highADP

macrumors member
Nov 18, 2009
Seattle, USA
I ordered mine on the phone (15" MBP core i7 CTO w/ educational discount applied) on Aug 23rd AM:

Thank you for your order: Aug 23rd (AM) - right after I hung up the phone from a sale rep.
Order Acknowledgement: Aug 24th (PM)
Shipment notification #1 for an iPod touch: Aug 24th (PM)
Shipment notification #2 for a printer: Aug 25th (PM)
Shipment notification #3 for a MBP: Aug 26th (PM)

In addition, Apple didn't put any charge on my credit card until they started to ship stuff.

Hope you can feel more relaxed!!

Enjoy your new Mac :D

lbro

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 22, 2009
Hmm... it's been 26 hours now and still no confirmation email. Even though they are taking this long, my stuff will come in on time right? It says it delivers August 31- September 3, but I ordered expedited shipping (2-3 days). They won't be able to make that if they still haven't shipped it yet.

DKYang

macrumors newbie
Aug 7, 2010
Is this your first time ordering online? You are worrying too much. Yes, I know it's an expensive purchase. You should start worrying when you don't get your stuff on time. I've ordered a bunch of stuff online on Fridays from a bunch of different online stores and most of the shipping confirmation emails come in on Sunday night or Monday.

I ordered mine on Friday, like 2am EST and received shipping email of iPod and printer in the morning when I woke up. I find it strange that the iPod is shipping from China since I would assume they would have a warehouse in California for shipping small stuff.

Just wait till Monday for a shipping email. If you don't get it, then call Tuesday about it. The Macbook will probably take couple of days to make, although don't quote me on that since it's also my first Macbook that I'm buying. My Dell took about 2 days to be made when I bought it awhile back, so I assume it'll be the same with the Macbook.

Apple is going through a huge rush of orders as the student promo ends soon and also they have a major keynote event on Tuesday. Give them a day before you call. Had the same issue just 2 weeks ago. However you are well within your rights to call anytime you wish to find out about your order. Customer is always right.

The keynote event is no excuse whatsoever. I highly doubt they have everyone in the sales department working on the keynote event.

TopHatPlus

macrumors 6502
Aug 1, 2010
Southern Ontario
i did mine on a monday night at like 11 pm, and it went through in like an hour, if its not in by tuesday then you should be concerned, and no the educational discount should not affect the ordering time of the computer.

lbro

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 22, 2009
Update:
I just got a confirmation email from Apple and they are preparing to ship my MBP and iPod touch. Thanks everyone for your help.
P.S. One more question, I'm in Canada so when UPS or FedEx brings it to my house do I have to pay an import fee?

SPX

macrumors member
Jul 10, 2008
P.S. One more question, I'm in Canada so when UPS or FedEx brings it to my house do I have to pay an import fee?

You will have to pay it before UPS or FedEx attempts delivery at your house. If you send me the payment via paypal today, I will have the driver deliver your packages this week. :D

lbro

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 22, 2009
You will have to pay it before UPS or FedEx attempts delivery at your house. If you send me the payment via paypal today, I will have the driver deliver your packages this week. :D

Alright, do you want me to wire the money to your bank account in Nigeria?

TopHatPlus

macrumors 6502
Aug 1, 2010
Southern Ontario
haha no you get free shipping with your order, or $23 if its expedited, and if you chose expedited that was apart of your payment so you simply sign for it and enjoy =D

Opstech

macrumors 6502a
Jan 5, 2010
California
Hmm... it's been 26 hours now and still no confirmation email. Even though they are taking this long, my stuff will come in on time right? It says it delivers August 31- September 3, but I ordered expedited shipping (2-3 days). They won't be able to make that if they still haven't shipped it yet.

Your order will not take place until the next business day. On Monday, your confirmation email will come in too. The the 2-3 day shipping will come in, unless you customized your Mac. That means when they're done building it, they will then ship 2-3 days. If, you didn't customize it, then expect your Mac on Wednesday.

Fubar1977

macrumors 6502a
Jul 30, 2010
North Yorkshire, UK
I had absoloutly NO confirmation emails of Apple until AFTER my MBP was delivered :)
I just kept checking the order-status page, it became my homepage for about a week, everything went fine so I wouldnt worry too much.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.