Confirmed: Apple watch available in-store april 24th

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by 949011, Apr 10, 2015.

1. 949011 macrumors member

So I have chatted with AppleCare, and this is what they said:

"I’m so sorry about that confusion. What I mean is that the Apple Watches will be available in the store on April 24th, but because of limited supply I cannot guarantee that by the time you are in the store the Apple Watch will be available so there will be limited options. But the online availability and store availability will be separate. Does that make a little more sense?"

This is totally different that what they said before pre-orders began...

Image below
    [​IMG]

2. Q Bert macrumors regular

Q Bert

They were trained to make your hopes alive but in reality, there will be no watch available in stores for walk-ins. Its not like Tim Cook was the one who confirmed this or Apple's SVP of Retail/Online Sales Angela Ahrendts.

Sorry but its just the truth

3. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

Take what they say with a grain of salt... I had a guy last week tell me Apple was only selling the Sport with white and black bands, all other colors sold separately. I told him that was not anywhere near what my question was asking and sent a link to Apples sport product page. He still denied it and sent me a link to the accessories page. At that point I left the chat.

4. Pinksteady macrumors 6502a

Pinksteady

I'd be amazed if there wasn't some stock for sale in-stores on the 24th. That would be really weird for a company to launch a product and not have a single one to sell in-store. Plus Apple PR have already confirmed a number of other re-sellers will have some stock.

If you had a terrible delivery estimate, or if you go for a try-on and change your mind about size/model, you could get lucky on the 24th if you shop around, then cancel the pre-order.

I'm going to my local store (London, UK) tomorrow so will ask them what, if any, stock they are expecting on launch day. My delivery estimate is 24/04 to 08/05 so on the basis I'm happy with what I picked (42mm space grey sports) I'm not going to go watch hunting on the 24th, but if I change my mind (e.g. wanting a 38mm instead), then I may try and find one on the 24th as not sure I can wait until June!

5. Mr.C macrumors 601

I wish people would stop creating threads saying confirmed in the thread title when it couldn't be further from the truth. Speaking to an Apple customer service rep on the phone, online or in store is by no means a confirmation. Until Apple makes an official statement it's not confirmed.

6. CC117 macrumors 6502

CC117

Aaaaand this is where I tuned out :rolleyes:

7. Azzin macrumors 68040

That's not confirmed at all.