Confirmed downgrade of 1.1.1

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by one1, Sep 29, 2007.

1. one1 macrumors 65816

http://www.hackint0sh.org/forum/showthread.php?t=9021

Thanks to great finds by members, WE ARE NOW ABLE TO DOWNGRADE OUR PHONES!!!! I just wanted to make a simple guide for people with PC's to follow

Start iTunes and plug in your 1.1.1 phone

In 1.1.1, hold Power and Home buttons and count 10 seconds (your phone will turn off, just keep counting), release the power button but continue to hold the home button until your phone is recognized by iTunes. (phone screen will be blank)

A message will pop up and ask you to restore your iPhone. Holding down the SHIFT key, click on the restore button. Navigate to your 1.0.2 software
    (http://appldnld.apple.com.edgesuite....8_Restore.ipsw)

Begin restoring...

When it's done, you will get an ERROR, click OK. Your phone should show a yellow triangle. Leave iTunes running and run AppTap.

AppTap might encounter an error as well, however, it will bring your phone to the Activation screen. Once again, start iTunes, ignore all messages from it, and run AppTap. Now it will jailbreak your phone and install Installer. (You may have to retsart your PC after arriving at the activation screen if iTunes isn't recognizing your phone)

Simply use iASign or whatever you use to bypass activation.

Your phone is now back to 1.0.2.

(I am using iTunes 7.4.3.1)

WI-FI, calls, everything fully functional!

Whoops, got beat by a few minutes, sorry :) http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=362515

2. compuguy1088 macrumors 6502a

compuguy1088

Yep, you were, I posted this when it was not even confirmed....

3. one1 thread starter macrumors 65816

Sorry I was more responsible and waited to avoid the flame suit and to avoid having members screwing up their phones more :);)

4. compuguy1088 macrumors 6502a

compuguy1088

Agreed, though I made sure to say it wasn't confirmed...anyway.........

5. Marcjcd macrumors member

Can I ask a silly question? What do you all think is the timefreme before apps like apptapp have broke this and have a version for 1.1.1?

Just curious what the board thinks... I might not downgrade if we all think it could be only a week or two.

Thanks.

6. FSUSem1noles macrumors 68000

FSUSem1noles

It looks like the new firmware is 128 bit AES encrypted, I wouldn't hold my breath on it getting "hacked" anytime soon.. not to say it can't be done, but it'll be extremely difficult..

7. one1 thread starter macrumors 65816

Hence why the touch users are boned. They should have bought the phone and skipped activation :D

8. FSUSem1noles macrumors 68000

FSUSem1noles

that's exactly right!!

I'm sure some are kicking themselves in the arse..

9. badtzmaru macrumors 6502

i am glad i have an iphone and not a touch. I was entranced by the touch when it came out but every time i play with one, i like it less and less. it doesnt have external volume controls and the headphone jack on the bottom bothers me!

yay for the iphone!!!

10. calvy macrumors 65816

I stopped at *Simply use iASign* and just let iTunes restore my data and synced up my music and video again. Now I'm back at 1.0.2 and have my 3rd party apps back. Awesome.

11. one1 thread starter macrumors 65816

If you wanna know how many people are downgrading, ....installer is currently choking randomly when trying to refresh sources :D