Confirmed: Hotmail now working with Mail App. in the U.S.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kfresh, Feb 11, 2009.

1. kfresh macrumors newbie

I know there have been several threads about getting Hotmail to work on the iPhone. I have tried all the different free ways with no avail. Hotmail said it was going to allow pop access a few months ago and I have been patiently waiting for it to work in the U.S. I test the setup every week just to see if it's active yet. Lo and behold, I tried today AND IT FINALLY WORKED. I just set it up with the (Add Account/Other) in settings and it did all the work for me. FINALLY.

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Change your title to read: "in the U.S." at the end.

This is good news!

And for me it says "A subscription is required" still. False alarm, people.

3. deimos256 macrumors 6502a

LAME!

this is lame on 2 fronts, first are people that bored that they have to create threads like this? This isnt the first thread about this

Also lame that you have to pay money to use hotmail on your phone, good thing all i use hotmail for is to get rid of spam

4. kfresh thread starter macrumors newbie

LAME?

Lame is you not reading my message. I DO use Hotmail for free. As I stated, I know that there have been other threads, but they all required you to do things like turn on Alert Messages, use Izy Mail, have a paid Hotmail account and some have had luck just getting it to work randomly. IF YOU COULD READ you would see that Hotmail is changing their stance on FREE Hotmail and allowing it to POP. They said it would be this month. I was just sharing the fact that it was working for me in the U.S.

5. CocoaPuffs macrumors 68010

You misunderstood what he meant by lame. He's calling you lame because you obviously didn't search.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=646145

6. djuarez03 macrumors regular

Allright!! It works for me!! Even though I hardly checked it, it's nice to be able to have quick access to it on my iPhone. Thanks for letting me know. In case anyone is wondering, it still gives you a message saying you may or may not be able to access it depending on your area. But if you click on Next, and it's available to you, it will tell you that the account is verified.

7. SlasherDuff macrumors 6502a

SlasherDuff

Only pet peeve I have with Hotmail is I can't seem to have messages deleted when I delete one of them at one place. Seems iPod Touch/iPhone doesn't communicate with Live all that well.

I am seriously thinking of just letting the Hotmail account go, I am very unsatisfied with Microsoft now. They don't deserve my 20 bucks.