Confirmed: MB 2.0 does NOT have backlit keyboard

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by tekmoe, Oct 14, 2008.

1. tekmoe macrumors 68000

...snip...

The updated MacBook also incorporates some sensible upgrades from older configurations. Two gigabytes of memory are standard, and a $1,599 configuration adds the wonderful backlit keyboard that Apple had previously reserved for its pricier, pro-oriented laptops. (The online Apple Store indicates that the $1,299 MacBook also features keyboard backlighting, but company spokeswoman Teresa Weaver said earlier today that this listing was incorrect.)

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/fasterforward/2008/10/apples_laptops_go_upscale_in_a.html

Sorry suckaz, if you want the backlit keyboard, you gotta pay the big bucks!

2. Munitalp macrumors 65816

3. Peace macrumors P6

Peace

4. Ironic macrumors 6502a

Ironic

5. ec51 macrumors 6502

I love how everyone thinks they are going to be upgraded for free. You did not pay for anything that you were promised. It was a typo on the page and Im sure somewhere in the terms and conditions to purchasing online is that prices and specs can change.

6. Ironic macrumors 6502a

Ironic

pasted form Apple

Even the keyboard is advanced.

The MacBook keyboard is solid, responsive, and comfortable. Just put your fingers on the crisp keys and you’ll feel pure typing bliss. An illuminated keyboard, a popular feature of MacBook Pro and MacBook Air, now comes standard on the 2.4GHz MacBook model. So when you’re in low-light settings such as airports or lecture halls, you can always see what you’re typing. It’s a luminous feature for anyone on the go.

they upgraded me for free, I was lucky

7. AppliedMicro macrumors 6502a

Come on, if their company spokeswoman says so?

Although I've always thought of "company spokeswoman at Apple Inc." as being an oxymoron somehow...

8. Digital Skunk macrumors 604

Digital Skunk

9. glide macrumors regular

How did you get them to upgrade you? Did you have to call?