CONFIRMED: No iPhone 5.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by charliecc, Sep 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. charliecc, Sep 12, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2011

charliecc macrumors regular

With all this iPhone 5 confirmation crap I have to bring a touch of reality to these forums. No iPhone 5 unfortunately.

http://www.macrumors.com/2011/09/12...-of-september-no-sign-of-redesigned-iphone-5/

Also, check out his prediction in April. Phone production in September with an October release, sounds like he's in the know.

http://www.appleinsider.com/article...lcomm_powered_iphone_5_rumored_for_sept_.html

Furthermore, he was spot on with the white iPhone and the iPad 2 display. Only thing he was wrong on was when they would announce the iPhone 4S, which was just an assumption anyway.

2. ap3604 macrumors 68000

Oh man you are soooo cool. I wish I can grow up to try and be a dream crusher like you some day :rolleyes:

btw fix your link (file not found)...

3. HazyCloud macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

First link: "File not found".

Second link: AppleInsider? Eww.

4. Tibits macrumors regular

5. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

6. ericg301 macrumors 6502a

Nothing is CONFIRMED until Cook or Jobs walks out on the stage.

7. err404 macrumors 68020

Maybe, maybe not. Apple always sells two iPhone; a current model and an tweaked prior gen model.
    We seem to be seeing a lot of leaked parts for a reworked iPhone4, but also several cases suggesting a more substantial redesign.

8. daviddth macrumors 6502a

daviddth

I'm hoping that is the case - the stuff we are hearing is just the "budget", but slightly redesigned entry level iPhone 4, and the 5, 4S/whatever has a substantial upgrade and hopefully a complete redesign in terms of screen, maybe shape and thickness too, hence the case designs.

9. Peanut207 macrumors 6502

Nothing is "confirmed". If it's not on www.apple.com I don't believe it. I will wait for real confirmation. Until then, all it is is rumors and speculation.

10. Hey! macrumors member

so i heard you forgot this website was called? Macrumours

11. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

Seriously guys, dude said "CONFIRMED" in all caps. When will you learn to stop arguing and accept that fact that if someone types that it's completely legit. :rolleyes:

12. MrKennedy macrumors member

13. charliecc thread starter macrumors regular

Sorry copy and paste error.

Don't want to be a dreamcrusher, would love there to be an iPhone 5, but pretty obvious it'll just be a 4S.

14. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

I don't think we need two threads on this topic. For continued discussion, please see the first link in this thread. Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.