iPad Confirmed stores beside Apple that will have launch day iPad Air's?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by bobright, Oct 30, 2013.

1. bobright macrumors 601

So are there any out there? I called Walmart and Target and both stores said nothing showed in their system yet and they don't know if they'll have them

2. SamuraiMinis macrumors member

I know that my Target will have them on Friday the 1st. Not sure about all of them tho.

3. DaReaper macrumors member

I live in Ann Arbor, mi and I was told by two different stores that they would have them.

4. AppleRobert macrumors 603

I will do an availability check for stock at Best Buy stores by utilizing my zip code for locations in the surrounding area. It is too soon to do that though I reckon. I also plan to visit my local store the night before to see what I can find out.

5. youngsunnz macrumors regular

How do you know Target stores will have them in stock? That'll be awesome if they do.

6. AppleRobert macrumors 603

I do not know if Target's website is like BB's when it comes to store availability of a product whereby one can search by zip code. Regardless, I see no problem with trying to find out the night before at your local store about their availability unless the employees are jerks that will not play ball to help you acquire one.

7. The Flying Kite macrumors regular

Just got an email from Best Buy - all stores are opening at 8 AM.

8. SamuraiMinis macrumors member

I have sources ;-)

But like i said, i only know about my store.
    One thing worth mentioning is that most targets to my knowledge don't carry every configuration in store, the higher ones.

9. nostresshere macrumors 68030

Are you saying the do or do not carry the higher ones?

10. SamuraiMinis macrumors member

My store only carries 16gb, 32gb, & 64gb in wifi. The cellular one i think only go 16 & 32 in my store. Whatever your Target normally carries is what it should get.

11. Cool Pup macrumors 6502a

Cool Pup

Best Buy is for sure. It seems like there won't be many supply issues for the Air with how many stores are advertising it being out on the first day.

12. nostresshere macrumors 68030

Thanks for the input. Based on that, I doubt I will swing by Target as I have decided to double my memory for $100 and go to 128. I would assume that Walmart might be the same, and not carry the higher end ones.

13. bobright thread starter macrumors 601

Seriously, how do you know this though? Did a Target employee tell you recently? I see the "coming soon" for Best Buy and Walmart etc but when I call them about then they don't know when they're getting them (at my stores at least).

14. CNeufeld macrumors 6502a

I checked with a local "FutureShop" (Canadian relation to Best Buy), and the clerk looked up what they had coming in for 32 GB/LTE/Space Grey while I was standing there. 80 units of that particular SKU, and this store isn't particularly outstanding in any way. Not sure if that helps or not, but that's all I know... :)

Clint

15. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

Got the email from Best Buy last night that they will be opening up @ 8AM Friday.

16. Young Turk macrumors 6502

Same here, in South Texas.

17. nostresshere macrumors 68030

The poster indicated that he knows about ONE store because he has a contact. Somebody at those stores you called may or may not know, but their policy could also be to NOT share it.

I also think he was referring to what they NORMALLY carry. For example, if you go to Target.com and look at IPAD4 - you will see that 128gb units can only be purchased online, not in stores.

I tried to figure out the same thing for Walmart, but could not.

Again, this is comparing normal products they sell and NOT inventory for Friday.

18. SamuraiMinis macrumors member

From what I understand, the info on the incoming iPad is no secret, That's why I shared. Hopefully I'm not wrong.

I know about my target because i work there. I also plan to get a 128gb model but I will have to wait until I can order it online if I want to save a lot on it! It may be different like i said for your store, but mine is going to have them Friday morning.
    With my discount i am able to get a 128GB wifi model with a Smart Cover for $777.79 after tax!! But I have to get it online because instore they don't carry the 128gb :-(
    oh well!