Confirmed!! That you will be able pre order at apple!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by steven10093, Feb 2, 2011.

1. steven10093 macrumors newbie

Tomorrow morning at 3 am you will be able to pre order at both apple and verizonClick here

2. Olivia23 macrumors 6502a

Olivia23

3. Apple... macrumors 68020

Apple...

That's good to know. If Verizon's servers start to conk out, head to Apple! :cool:

4. Givmeabrek macrumors 68030

Givmeabrek

That won't work. When you order from Apple it will try to connect to the Verizon servers to check on your account and upgrade status. Last year it took me more than 14 hours of pushing refresh before I finally got through for my AT&T iPhone. :eek:

5. Travisimo macrumors 6502a

Apple's press release, however, does not mention the full retail price. So we still don't know for sure if you can order at full price from apple.com and whether the prices are $600 and $700 versus $650 and $750 at verizonwireless.com? Guess we'll find out in about 18 hours!

Since I'm buying at full retail, I'll probably try apple.com first to see if they are selling it $50 cheaper. Otherwise, we might have better luck at Verizon's website since you eliminate the middle man (since Apple would have to check with Verizon's server anyway).

6. Apple... macrumors 68020

Apple...

Correct. Sorry, I forgot about that. Thanks! :cool:

7. agarcia34 macrumors member

Ill be pre-ordering mine tonight threw the apple website

8. steven10093 thread starter macrumors newbie

I wont ill be on Verizonwireless.com to o mine

9. MarximusMG macrumors 6502a

MarximusMG

If this is true, then wouldn't it be faster to skip the middle man and just pre-order from Verizon? (Hopefully dodge any potential problems that may arise such as lagging).

Also, for the AT&T launch, did those who started receiving the packages before the actual launch order specifically through one site or the other? I'm thinking I may be going with Verizon's site...

10. darngooddesign macrumors G3

This only applies to those with an iPhone who are switching carriers.

During pre-order for the iPhone 4 I found it easier a quicker to get through ATT's clogged servers using the Apple app on my 3GS iPhone.

11. Geffen macrumors 6502

From my understanding tonight's pre orders are for Verizon's current customers with contracts. I doubt anyone will be able to switch carrier's tonight.

12. MarlboroLite macrumors 6502a

MarlboroLite

Returns and exchanges.....Verizon is 14 days, I presume buying directly from Apple entitles us to the 30 day policy??? (just in case the white one comes out within a month of the 10th)

13. rwilliams macrumors 68040

rwilliams

Last summer, it was impossible to pre-order through Apple's website. I went to AT&T's site, and within 20 minutes, had 2 phones ordered. I'd go with Verizon's site if I were you fellas.

14. TimShady macrumors member

Hopefully the people trying to get it at full retail will go to Apple.com and spread the load out (since it might be $50 cheaper). I have an upgrade so I'm sticking with Verizon.

15. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

So because you got lucky on some other website last summer, that means Verizon's website is going to work.

I think you're stretching logic a bit to thin here.

16. Houstonian macrumors newbie

17. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

I'm not sure why you would order from the carrier and not Apple, just seems like a bad idea.

18. Geffen macrumors 6502

I doubt it makes a difference if people order from the Apple site or the Verizon site. I myself will be ordering through the Verizon site since i'm already registered there and in my opinion it'll be a smoother process and with Apple taking orders it'll take some of the load off of Verizon's site.

19. rwilliams macrumors 68040

rwilliams

If Apple is indeed connecting to Verizon's servers, then that's one additional step that's not necessary. You might as well just go to Verizon's site. And if Verizon's site crashes, Apple's method won't work anyway. But in the end, does it really matter?

20. hcho3 macrumors 68030

Waiting for new iphone in June. Enjoy then VZ customers.

21. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

Isn't Verizon charging a $50 surcharge on unsubsidized phones? Seems like a good enough reason to me.

22. whiteyanderson macrumors 6502

Yep and that $50 is a big reason for me too. Also, think of it this way: for $53 more you can get the 32GB at Apple vs the 16GB at VZW. That's if the $50 price difference holds up.

Looks like they took down their eligibility page to see prices. But, I did have an email from VZW Corporate about a week ago that stated that Apple would be $50 less than VZW and that it was "for undisclosed reasons, a price difference agreed on between and by both companies headquarters". Take it for what it is worth but, my other info from VZW coporate has been spot-on so far.

23. Geffen macrumors 6502

The $50 difference is if your buying the iphone 4 on Verizon without signing a contract so your cost would be $649 which is $50 more than if you were to buy from AT&T with no contract. I already have a contract on Verizon since i'm upgrade elgible i'm paying $199 with that i do have to sign a new 2 yr contract with Verizon.

24. tbaker00 macrumors member

The retail price still has not been confirmed on apple.com so they could still raise the price for the verizon iphone4 $50 to match what verizon.com is selling them for. Until it is confirmed I would not hold my breath. As a business man I don't see a reason that Apple.com would not get in on the extra $50. Business is all about making money.

25. pauldp macrumors newbie

Does anyone know if the NE2 discount can be used if ordered from apple's website?