Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

navigates

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
I have gone through numerous iPhone replacements for both 3g and 3gs and with extra care and here are my findings.

1. Tried powersupport case and the same crack appears on 3g. (3g Replaced 3x times)
  2. Upgraded to 3gs and Moved on to incase Black Matt case and the crack appears in the same spot. (Replaced under warranty)
  3. Replacement case changed to the new white incase shiny one with the expectation that the previous cases were too tight for the phone and the same crack appears. (Replaced again under warranty, got the tethered iphone but oh well)
  4. This time went caseless as I was tired of seeing the crack and guess what the SAME CRACK reappeared.

Now the only constant factor here is the Bang & Olufsen Earset 3 headset that I use daily. This is a fundamental design flaw that should be addressed with apple, but given the fact that the 3g and 3gs series are towards their EOL, I doubt apple will do anything to address these issues.

Even though they replace the phone under warranty, it does not warrant a company from not addressing the issue.

Surely

Oct 27, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Maybe you should contact Bang & Olufsen, and tell them that their product has been damaging your perfectly good iPhones.

I've had 3 iPhone 3GS's, and I've used the stock earphones, V-Modas, and Ultimate Ears, and none of them have cracked my iPhone.

I think you need to look at this from a different angle....

blancoBronco

macrumors 6502a
Jul 4, 2009
South Tampa
It's prob those headphones you used. I've used the default apple headphones and some noise cancelling sonys and have had no problems with all 3 iPhones I've owned

navigates

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
I believe B&O manufactures quality headsets. There are loads of posts with a very similar crack around the headset area. I'll call b&o and check with them. They have come out with Series 3 of their headset and I have the series 2.

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
I would have to agree with the posts above. It's your headphones. My iPhone has never displayed signs of cracking as far as I can tell.

thelatinist

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2009
Connecticut, USA
OP: Your point is well taken. As a fellow adherent to the post hoc ergo propter hoc logical fallacy, you may be interested to know that global warming, earthquakes, hurricanes, and other natural disasters are a direct effect of the shrinking numbers of Pirates since the 1800s. For your interest, I have included a graph of the approximate number of pirates versus the average global temperature over the last 200 years. As you can see, there is a statistically significant inverse relationship between pirates and global temperature.

PiratesVsTemp.png

Blatantly ripped off from the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster

navigates

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
OP: Your point is well taken. As a fellow adherent to the post hoc ergo propter hoc logical fallacy, you may be interested to know that global warming, earthquakes, hurricanes, and other natural disasters are a direct effect of the shrinking numbers of Pirates since the 1800s. For your interest, I have included a graph of the approximate number of pirates versus the average global temperature over the last 200 years. As you can see, there is a statistically significant inverse relationship between pirates and global temperature.

PiratesVsTemp.png

Blatantly ripped off from the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster

Nice analogy; Given the number of contenders in this forum, we aren't near 2000 yet !

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.