Confirmed: Will NOT get it 24th.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bobsentell, Jun 18, 2010.

1. bobsentell macrumors 6502a

bobsentell

Just got of phone with CSR. She told me my phone will ship the 24th via USPS. Won't get it until following Monday. But since I'll be out of town, I won't get to play with it until following Saturday.

Oh well. :eek:

2. fuzion macrumors 6502

Wait.. why the hell is your phone shipping via the post office?

3. JediZenMaster Suspended

JediZenMaster

Did you order it from Apple or AT&T? Because didn't they both say it would be delivered by the 24th? :confused:

4. ducktales macrumors regular

5. sarcosis macrumors 6502a

Yeah no kidding. The only reason that it should ship USPS is if you work for USPS. But then you probably have access to go and pick it up when it get's in late on Friday, Saturday or Late Sunday. Everything else should be via FedEx and it was all overnighted for free. If it ships on the 24th, like everyone else's, you should get it on the 25th less you missed the initial shipment.

6. Baltika09 macrumors member

USPS??? Or UPS? I wouldn't take what you were told to seriously, if the person told you the postal service will be delivering the Phone. I highly doubt either AT&T or Apple will be shipping via regular US mail.

7. I AN LEGEND macrumors regular

8. bobsentell thread starter macrumors 6502a

bobsentell

AT&T.

She said US Postal Service Priority Mail was the method of shipping. I hope she is wrong. I even made her repeat it to make sure, because it sounded weird to me too. I guess I'll find out when I get the shipping info.

I went ahead and put a hold on my mail for the week I'm gone. Priority mail never requires signature only registered mail does.

9. HarrisonB macrumors 6502

she is so far wrong it is not even funny. You think USPS is orchestrating a hundred thousand unit order from china?

10. BeyondtheTech macrumors 68020

BeyondtheTech

The AT&T Premiere website does show this for some people:

11. bobsentell thread starter macrumors 6502a

bobsentell

My 3GS from AT&T at lauch last year came from Dallas, not China. AT&T ships from their own stock.

12. JediZenMaster Suspended

JediZenMaster

OMG that would be a nightmare to get something via USPS.

13. KidStallyn macrumors 6502

KidStallyn

AT&T only ships overnight via Fed Ex, unless you are an employ (or have the FAN code) of USPS, UPS, or DHL.

"Unless you are an employee of UPS, USPS or DHL, your shipment should ship via FedEx."

14. bobsentell thread starter macrumors 6502a

bobsentell

But I don't work for ANY of them!

15. spyda macrumors 6502a

spyda

You people who continually call AT&T reps and get all kinds of ******** answers and then take it as the truth are just mind boggling.

Fun Fact: 9 times out of 10, the people you speak to on the phone with AT&T don't know **** about when you will receive your order.

16. alejovh1 macrumors regular

when I purchased a phone from sprint, they also used USPS overnight shipping; needles to say I received my phone 2 days later than anticipated.
    USPS sucks big time! there is also no way to track the shipment online, their website is never up to date like fedex or ups.
    I hope they use fedex for mine :(

17. bobsentell thread starter macrumors 6502a

bobsentell

The only reason I called was because I have yet to get an email. I was just making sure they the right email addy.

18. ItsThatKush macrumors regular

yes i understand why people dont want to be hassled with waiting in line. big crowd, lots of people, could be hours... but seriously... i'd rather wait in line knowing how close i am to getting my phone rather than sitting at home waiting for a mail truck that may or may not come. i do not trust shipping companies to be reliable one bit.

can't wait to pick up my phone at 7am in the apple store. best and only way to go if you care that much. if you are dont mind waiting, then yes i understand that shipping would be your choice.

19. HarrisonB macrumors 6502

ups and fedex are pretty friggen money dude. You are trusting them to get the phones to the store the night before! and they always do!

20. sloppygator2013 macrumors regular

FINALLY! I love seeing these threads of people who continually call AT&T. What makes you think after all this time somebody there is going to have any clue of whats going on?? :confused:

21. emaja macrumors 68000

Yup. They have called it the iPhone 4G, told me that I couldn't switch the SIM because the A4 SIM was custom and non-removable, and told me I could switch the SIM from my 3G to the iPhone 4.

22. bobsentell thread starter macrumors 6502a

bobsentell

In Her Defense!!!

The shipping box could have said "Priority". Which can be either USPS Priority Mail or FedEx priority. So she went the safe route and picked the longer one. As FedEx priority is an overnight service.

***crosses fingers***

23. S1njin macrumors 6502a

S1njin

They are a remarkably well trained group of folks aren't they?

24. sloppygator2013 macrumors regular

care that much? it's a freaking cell phone. I'm assuming you don't have job or you do and that job isn't important.

25. 3kids macrumors regular

It would be an impossibility to actually get something from USPS. It is a giant black hole of packages.