Sorry for the new thread, I am sure this question has been asked before, but I would like advice from anyone willing to give it! Like many of you, I have ~$1800 burning a hole in my bank account waiting for a 2012 iMac. Today, a friend told me she wants to sell her like-new 27" Late 2009-early 2010 iMac. It is a 10,1 - MB952LL/A 3.06GHZ Core 2 Duo with 4 GB Ram. If I got the computer, I would install some aftermarket memory to bring it up to the modern age. To be honest, I won't be doing much high intensity anything on the machine beyond Illustrator and Final Cut editing (no games). Here is my question: I told her I would look up the value and give her a fair offer if I decide I want it. What, in your opinion, would be the price point at which this would be too good an offer to refuse? I had my heart set on trying out the new iMac's fancy fusion drive, Ivy Bridge, Nuclear fission-driven hydraulic decoupler, flux capacitor, etc., do you think I would miss the performance? What would you do? Thank you and I'll take my answer off the air!