Conflicted

Discussion in 'iPad' started by CharlieBrandt09, Mar 18, 2012.

1. CharlieBrandt09 macrumors 6502

CharlieBrandt09

I got the 32gb wifi model. I love it. It's flawless as far as I am concerned.

My dilemma lies is the fact that I think I wanted the 4G model. I justified not getting it because I have my iPhone jail broken with mywi on it, and I can use it as a hotspot.

But after seeing all these crazy 4G speeds posted here, I think I am changing my mind.

Lastly, 4G isn't available where I live, but it is nearby and within my travels. Plus, with Verizon's aggressive 4G rollout plan for 2012, there's a chance we might get it here.

What do you think?

2. wellok macrumors 6502

The 4G speeds are awesome. I am very pleased.

If you often stray from wifi, I think it is worth it. If you will rarely leave wifi and can tether when you do, you're probably fine. I personally spend most of my time near wifi but wanted the option to use 4G and I don't regret the decision to get the 4G model one bit.

I will say though that if you're already questioning yourself, you might want to go ahead and switch.

3. AlPlPlLE macrumors regular

In my opinion, I would return and get the 4G iPad IF and only if you find a reason to have it. I went by the way of 50/50. I will probably use both the 4G and wifi equally for my usage so it was a no brander.

In other words, if your going to pay a $ amount a month, I'd make sure those MBs were going to be used at least 50%, maybe 40% every month and not collect virtual dust not being used. Lol

4. master-ceo macrumors 65816

master-ceo

4G all the way. I wasn't impressed with 3G iPads, but once 4G rolled out I knew that if apple put it on the iPad I was going to get it instead of wifi only.

5. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

If you think you will need it, trade yours in now. Jacksonville only has H+ and I noticed a huge difference in speed on the AT&T network. I use cellular rarely but when you need it you would like to have it on board.

The Apple stores have plenty of stock right now so do not delay.

6. iHeartsteve macrumors 65816

iHeartsteve

I've been wondering this also. ESP since I already have to exchange for other reasons. The fact that you can prepay now and no activation fee sounds very enticing to me.

Plus being able to use your iPad on the beach this summer would be really convienent :D

7. jeffg819 macrumors regular

I'm going to wait for the hopefully LTE next iPhone. I always have my phone with me which makes it a better tether option, and I normally use wifi for the iPad. My son went the other direction and is enjoying the speed of LTE albeit with an eye on usage.

8. CharlieBrandt09 thread starter macrumors 6502

CharlieBrandt09

Thanks for your input.

If I was guaranteed that Verizon would VZW would turn on 4G in my area by year's end, it would be a no brainer.

I wish I could find a future rollout map for them.