conforming MPEG-2 Video

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by puckhead193, Sep 29, 2012.

1. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

I was editing a project this week in FCP 7. I was using Sony XDCAM EX footage and AVCHD converted to pro-res. My sequence settings were for the xdcam as i normally would. I then dragged my AVCHD clip onto the timeline and was expecting the red render bar as normally comes up but my render bar comes up green and when I attempt to render out I get a conforming MPEG-2 Video instead of the normal render window and it took extra long to edit even small renders like adding a transition took minutes instead of a fewseconds. Why is that?

Thanks.

PS anyone have any recommendations for a lens controller for the EX1R?

Attached Files:

2. evil_santa macrumors 6502a

evil_santa

if your mixing formats i would suggest using a prorez timeline, you should be able see everything in preview mode, but you will need to render the final thing.

3. puckhead193 thread starter macrumors G3

puckhead193

how long will the final render out take? My sequences are about an hour and a half. When I render out the AVCHD stuff on my XDCAM timeline the export is only 30 minutes or less, which is awesome. The rendering park takes about 3 hours and I normally go to sleep then :p

4. puckhead193 thread starter macrumors G3

puckhead193

Why is this popping up all of a sudden? I started a new project and this is happening again.... :mad: