conforming MPEG-2 Video

puckhead193

macrumors G3
Original poster
May 25, 2004
NY
I was editing a project this week in FCP 7. I was using Sony XDCAM EX footage and AVCHD converted to pro-res. My sequence settings were for the xdcam as i normally would. I then dragged my AVCHD clip onto the timeline and was expecting the red render bar as normally comes up but my render bar comes up green and when I attempt to render out I get a conforming MPEG-2 Video instead of the normal render window and it took extra long to edit even small renders like adding a transition took minutes instead of a fewseconds. Why is that?

Thanks.

PS anyone have any recommendations for a lens controller for the EX1R?

Attachments

evil_santa

macrumors 6502a
Sep 23, 2003
London, England
if your mixing formats i would suggest using a prorez timeline, you should be able see everything in preview mode, but you will need to render the final thing.

Comment

puckhead193

macrumors G3
Original poster
May 25, 2004
NY
if your mixing formats i would suggest using a prorez timeline, you should be able see everything in preview mode, but you will need to render the final thing.
how long will the final render out take? My sequences are about an hour and a half. When I render out the AVCHD stuff on my XDCAM timeline the export is only 30 minutes or less, which is awesome. The rendering park takes about 3 hours and I normally go to sleep then :p

Comment

puckhead193

macrumors G3
Original poster
May 25, 2004
NY
Why is this popping up all of a sudden? I started a new project and this is happening again.... :mad:

Comment